If you're already using a third-party provider to call your contacts, or if you need to call countries that are not listed on HubSpot's supported countries list, you can integrate a third-party calling provider to make calls. You can integrate with a provider listed on the App Marketplace that supports third-party calling and related functionality, or work with a developer to connect your own calling app using the Calling Extension SDK.
When making calls with an integrated third-party calling provider, you will no longer be using calling minutes from your HubSpot account.
Please note: if you're using Conversation Intelligence (CI), the third-party providers that currently support CI in HubSpot are JustCall, Kixie, and Zoom Business or Enterprise subscriptions that support recording transcripts.
Connect a third-party calling provider
Before connecting a third-party calling provider to your HubSpot account, you must have a valid account set up with the provider.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar.
- Select App Marketplace.
- Use the search bar to lookup a calling partner, then select the app from the dropdown menu.
- In the upper right, click Connect app.
Complete the set up steps for the third-party app. Once you're successfully integrated with the selected calling provider, you can start making calls.
Please note: depending on the third-party calling app that you're using, you may need to register your phone number with the third-party app before you can start making calls. This process varies based on provider.
Make calls in HubSpot using a third-party app
If the third-party provider that you're using is built on the Calling Extension SDK, you can select this provider from the call widget when making a call in HubSpot.
Please note: the call functionalities both during the call and after the call can vary based on provider. You cannot make a call from a custom object record using a third-party provider.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of a contact.
- In the left panel, click the calling call icon.
- In the dialog box, click the Call provider dropdown menu in the top right.
- Select the call provider, then click Call from browser.
Please note: you can only use the Call from browser option when using a third-party to make calls in HubSpot.
- In the pop-up box, start the call.
During the call, you can enter notes, put the call on hold, enter an extension, or transfer the call. When the call ends, save the call details to the record's timeline in HubSpot.