If you're already using a third-party provider to call your contacts, or if you need to call countries that are not listed on HubSpot's supported countries list, you can integrate a third-party calling provider to make calls in HubSpot. When you connect a third-party calling provider, you will have the option to select the provider when making a call from the CRM. There are some third-party calling providers that are already supported by HubSpot's calling API:
You can integrate with one of these providers following the instructions below. If you want to connect a calling app that is not listed, you can work with a developer to connect your own calling app using the Calling Extension SDK.
When making calls with an integrated third-party calling provider, you will no longer be using calling minutes from your HubSpot account.
Please note: you must have an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub paid seat to select a third-party calling provider to making a call in HubSpot.
Connect a third-party calling provider
Before connecting a third-party calling provider to your HubSpot account, you must have a valid account set up with the provider. You can connect one of HubSpot's supported third-party calling providers from the App Marketplace in HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar.
- Select App Marketplace.
- Use the search bar to locate the calling partner that already has a supported integration, then select the app from the dropdown menu.
- In the upper right, click Connect app.
Complete the set up steps for the third-party app. Once you're successfully integrated with the selected calling provider, you can start making calls from HubSpot using the third-party app.
Please note: depending on the third-party calling app that you're using, you may need to register your phone number with the third-party app before you can start making calls. This process varies based on provider.
Make calls using a third-party app
Switch to a different provider when making a call in HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of a contact.
- In the left panel, click the call icon calling.
- In the dialog box, click the Call provider dropdown menu in the top right.
- Select the call provider, then click Call from browser.
- In the pop-up box, start the call.
During the call, you can enter notes, put the call on hold, enter an extension, or transfer the call. When the call ends, save the call details to the record's timeline in HubSpot.
Please note: the call functionalities both during the call and after the call can vary based on provider.