If you're already using a third-party provider to call your contacts, or if you need to call countries that are not listed on HubSpot's supported countries list, you can integrate a third-party calling provider to make calls in HubSpot. When you connect a third-party calling provider, you will have the option of selecting the provider when making a call from the CRM.
When making calls with an integrated third-party calling provider, you will no longer be using calling minutes from your HubSpot account.
Please note: you must have an assigned Sales Hub or Service Hub paid seat to select a third-party calling provider to making a call in HubSpot.
Connect a third-party calling provider
Before connecting a third-party calling provider to your HubSpot account, you must have a valid account set up with the provider. You can connect the third-party calling provider from the App Marketplace in HubSpot.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar.
- Select App Marketplace.
- Use the search bar to locate one of the third-party calling partners that use HubSpot's calling API, then select the app from the dropdown menu. The following calling apps use HubSpot's calling API:
- In the upper right, click Connect app.
Complete the set up steps for the third-party app. Once you're successfully integrated with the selected calling provider, you can start making calls from HubSpot using the third-party app.
Make calls using a third-party app
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of a contact.
- In the left panel, click the call icon calling.
- In the dialog box, click the Call provider dropdown menu in the top right.
- Select the call provider, then click Call from browser.
- In the pop-up box, start the call.
During the call, you can enter notes, put the call on hold, enter an extension, or transfer the call. When the call ends, save the call details to the record's timeline in HubSpot.
Please note: the call functionalities both during the call and after the call can vary based on provider.