Analyze customer feedback
Last updated: July 23, 2021
|Service Hub Professional, Enterprise|
Once you've set up and conducted your customer loyalty survey, customer support survey or customer satisfaction survey, analyze the feedback and track performance over time to improve your business processes. You can view customer feedback performance over time in your service dashboard with pre-built customer feedback reports, or you can view data for individual surveys for a more granular breakdown of survey responses.To analyze feedback for an individual survey:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Feedback Surveys.
- In the dashboard, click the name of an existing survey.
Each survey details page will break down individual responses and overall metrics for that survey. This data is separated by the Responses and Analyze tabs.
- Click the Responses tab to see all the feedback you've received for the survey. You can sort these responses by clicking a column header.
- To filter your survey responses, click Filter responses in the upper-left:
- Date range: view the responses that were submitted within a specific date range.
- Contacts: view responses that were submitted by specific contacts. The dropdown menu contains a sample of your contacts. You can search for any contact in this filter.
- Companies: view responses that were submitted by contacts associated with the selected companies. The dropdown menu contains a sample of your companies. You can search for any company in this filter.
- Only show responses with comments: view only the responses that have comments attached.
- To filter responses based on contact properties, in the left sidebar menu, click + Add Filter. Search for a contact property and click its name. Select the filter option you want and click Apply Filter.
- To view a specific type of response, click the tabs at the top of the responses:
- In a Customer Loyalty survey, these tabs will be Detractors, Passives, and Promoters.
- In a Customer Support survey, these tabs will be Difficult, Neutral, and Easy.
- In a Customer Satisfaction survey, these tabs will be Unhappy, Neutral, and Happy.
- To reply to your contact's response, click on their name. View their response and reply to them directly or add a comment to the conversation. Comments are only visible to you and your team.
- Users with Super admin permissions can delete individual survey responses from the Responses tab. To delete a survey response, hover over the response and click Delete.
- You can export your survey response data by clicking the Export button in the upper-right. The data will export as a CSV file and will contain all of the details for each survey response. If you apply any filters before exporting, the export will contain only the survey responses that match your filters.
On the Analyze tab, view summaries and charts of your feedback metrics. The metrics on this tab will differ slightly between survey types.
The first report will show you an overview of your data.For web surveys, you will see:
- Surveyed: how many visitors were surveyed.
Please note: a value of N/A under Surveyed indicates that HubSpot was unable to register a view for a survey response. As a result, the contact may not display in the survey analytics. This can occur because the respondent was using for example, an ad blocker or had a browser extension installed that blocked our tracking code.
- Responses: how many of the surveyed visitors responded.
- Responses with comments: how many responses included comments.
- Sent: how many surveys were sent out.
- Delivered: how many sent surveys were delivered to the recipient's inbox.
- Opened: how many of the delivered surveys were opened.
- Responses: how many recipients filled out the survey.
- Responses with comments: how many survey responses included comments.
Each survey type also includes a set of visual reports.
Customer Loyalty (NPS) surveys will show:
- Your NPS score: the percent of Promoters minus the percent of Detractors. On the NPS scale, a Promoter is a 9-10, Passive is a 7-8, and Detractor is a 0-6. This report calculates the score based on the final date of your selected timeframe.
- How your customers are feeling: the percentage of people who are Promoters, Passive, and Detractors.
- How your customers are feeling over time: your customer loyalty responses over the selected timeframe. This report calculates the score based on a running total of NPS submissions within the timeframe.
Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) surveys will show:
- How satisfied your customers are: the percentage of customers who responded to the survey as happy, neutral, or unhappy.
- How satisfied your customers are over time: your customer satisfaction survey responses over the selected timeframe.
Customer Support (CES) surveys will show:
- How customers feel about your support experience: the percentage of customers who found your support experience, easy, neutral, or difficult.
- How customers feel about your support experience over time: your customer support survey responses over the selected timeframe.
To filter your survey responses:
- Above your reports, click Filter responses.
- Contacts: view data for responses that were submitted by specific contacts. The dropdown menu contains a sample of your contact. You can search for any contact in this filter.
- Companies: view data for responses that were submitted by contacts associated with specific companies. The dropdown menu contains a sample of your companies. You can search for any company in this filter.
To filter responses based on contact properties:
- In the left sidebar menu, click + Add Filter.
- Search for the property for your filter and click its name.
- Select the filter option you want and click Apply Filter to filter the metrics.
Create and conduct customer support surveys
Customer Effort Score (CES) measures the ease of a user's customer support experience. CES is based on a...Knowledge Base
Create and conduct customer loyalty surveys
Customer loyalty (NPS) surveys track how likely your customers are to recommend your company to other people.Knowledge Base
Create a custom survey
Create feedback surveys with custom questions including star ratings, radio selects and single line text...Knowledge Base