Customer Effort Score (CES) measures the ease of a user's customer support experience. CES is based on a seven-point scale ranging from Strongly agree to Strongly disagree. Send a customer support survey to your customers to let them score their experience with one of your support representatives.
To set up a customer support survey:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Click Create survey in the upper right. To edit an existing survey, hover over the survey and click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Edit.
- Hover over the Customer Support card and click Create survey.
Choose when the survey will be sent and who the survey will be sent to:
- In the Send the survey field, enter the number of hours after the ticket has been closed to send the survey email to your customers.
- In the Choose who gets the survey section, click the dropdown menu to select the pipeline that the survey will be sent to.
- Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the branding and appearance of your survey:
- In the left panel, set the from name and from address that your survey will be sent from. You can select the name and address of any user in your account.
- Click the Survey language dropdown menu and choose which language you want the survey to be in.
- Enter your Company name, a Subject line for your survey email, and the text that appears at the top of your survey using the Greeting field. In each field, you can click contacts Contact token to include a personalization token.
- Click to toggle the Featured image switch on to upload an image for the email survey.
- Select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex color value, or clicking the color picker to the right.
- In the right panel, review the email, and when done, click the Follow-up tab to continue.
In the left panel, customize the follow-up questions based on the score they gave.
- Click the 1 - 3 Difficult tab to enter text for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 4 - 5 Neutral tab to enter text for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 6 - 7 Easy tab to enter text for customers who gave a high score.
- In the right panel, preview the follow-up question, and click the Thank you tab to continue.
In the left panel, customize the thank you message a customer will see after submitting their survey response:
- Click 1 - 3 Difficult, 4 - 5 Neutral, and 6 - 7 Easy to customize a different Image, Header text, and Body text for each category of survey responses.
- Click to toggle the Show image switch on or off to show or not show an image with your thank you message. Click Upload or Browse images to upload your own image or select an existing one from the file manager.
- Enter a header for your thank you message in the Header text field for the selected category.
- Enter a thank you message in the Body text field for the selected category.
- In the right panel, preview the thank you messages, and click the Options tab to continue.
- Click the Add users who should get an email notification dropdown menu and select users and/or teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a support survey.
- Click the Automation tab to continue.
- To set up follow-up actions based on survey responses, click Create workflow below the 1 - 3 Difficult, 4 - 5 Neutral, and/or 6 - 7 Easy sections. In the right panel, select the actions to automate or click See more to see other actions. Learn more about using workflows actions.
Please note: customer support survey workflows will not appear in the workflows tool (Automation > Workflows). They can only be edited from this tab of the survey setup.
- Click the Summary tab to continue.
Review your survey settings to ensure that the settings in previous steps have been set up correctly.
- To see how the survey will appear on desktop, mobile, and tablet, click the Actions dropdown menu in the upper right, then click Preview.
- To send yourself a version of the survey, click the Actions dropdown menu in the upper right, then click Test. You can preview the email as a specific contact by clicking the Receive email as specific contact dropdown menu and then selecting a contact.
- When you're done, click Publish to take your survey live.