This option is useful if you have a default template that you frequently use to create proposals. These proposals might be many pages in length and contain additional details about your product or service.
Please note: you must be a user in either a Marketing Hub or CMS Hub Professional or Enterprise account with Edit code templates & modules permissions and have an assigned Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise paid seat to use custom proposal templates.
Create a custom proposal template
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- In the finder on the left side, navigate to the @hubspot folder. This folder contains all of your themes, including the proposal templates.
- Right click on the cms-proposals-themes, then select Clone theme.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for your cloned theme and click Create.
- The cloned theme will be copied into the root folder and will be listed in the finder with your other folders. Within the cloned theme file, click the templates folder, then select the proposals_tall.html or quote_simple.html template to edit.
- When you're done, click Publish changes.
The edited proposals template will be available in the quote template dropdown menu in the quote editor. While in the design manager, you can make any additional changes to the cloned theme. Learn more about using themes.
Use the custom template to create a quote
You can use the custom template that you created in the design manager to create a quote.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Quotes.
- In the top right, click Create quote.
- To associate the contact with a deal, click the Associate with a deal dropdown menu and select a deal.
- Click Next.
- Click the Quote template dropdown menu and select a proposal template.
- To select a custom domain for the quote's URL, click the Domain dropdown menu and select a domain. By default, the content slug uses a unique date and quote ID and does not need to be customized.
- In addition to customizing the template and theme in the design manager, an individual user on your team can edit the theme's display settings from the quote builder. Click the theme previewer hyperlink below the quote preview.
- The theme preview will open in another tab in your web browser. In the left sidebar menu, you can edit the display, color, and font settings.
- In your Display settings, you can choose to show or hide the line items and letterhead information on your quote.
- In your Global color settings, you can edit the theme's primary, secondary, and background color for all of the elements included in your theme templates. You can also customize the theme's button colors and fonts.
- In your Global fonts settings, you can edit theme's primary font and font color.
- Click Apply changes, then click Publish to [number] assets in the upper right.
- Navigate back to the quote editor and continue to set up your quote.
After publishing your quote, learn how to share your quote with your contacts.