With service goals, managers can create quotas for their services users and teams. Managers can also assign goals to a pipeline. Goal milestones can be set monthly, quarterly, or annually.
Create service goals
All users can create a goal. Learn more about Forecast permissions on the HubSpot user permissions guide. To create a service goal:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Goals.
- In the top right, click Create goal.
Please note: you can't create forecasts for any goal that has multiple pipelines or any goal that is set to a yearly milestone.
- To assign a pipeline, click the Pipeline dropdown menu and select the pipelines you want to apply the goal to.
- Set up your targets for the year:
- For each user or team you selected, set and edit different values for each month. ForSales Hub Professional+ and Service Hub Professional+ users you can select both team and user goals in this screen. If you opted not to use forecasts for your goal, you can click the Pipeline dropdown for each user or team and select a pipeline.
- To apply the same pipeline or target amount for each milestone, select the checkbox next to the user or team name. At the top of the table, select Apply targets or Apply pipelines:
- To apply the same target for each milestone, enter the target value in the Amount field, then click Apply.
- To apply the same pipeline for each milestone, click the Select pipelines dropdown menu and select a pipeline, then click Apply.
- Click Next.
- To send notifications to users that contribute to the goal, select the checkboxes next to the notifications.
Please note: it is not possible to report on team goals. please note: it is not possible .
View your goals by date range, team or user, pipeline, milestone type, status, and progress. To manage goals in your HubSpot account, the user must have a paid seat.
Please note: it is not possible to edit the Pipeline set in a goal once it's been created.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Tracking & Analytics > Goals.
- Use the dropdown menus to filter your goals by date range, team or user, pipeline, milestone type, status, and progress. The following statuses indicate the goal's progress:
- Exceeded: goals exceeded 100% of the target by the milestone.
- Pending: goal progress is not measured yet because the current date is before the goal's start date.
- Missed: goals didn't meet 100% of the target by the milestone.
- Achieved: goals reached 100% of the target by the milestone.
- In progress: goals are on-going because the current date falls between the start date and end date of the goal.
Please note: goal progress will update every 24 hours. While the goal is on-going, changes will be reflected in the next goal progress update. Changes made to a deal after a goal is due will not update the goal's progress.
- To view more details about a specific contributor's goals, hover over the contributor name and click View details.
- To edit a goal, hover over the contributor and click Edit goal.
- To delete a goal, select the checkbox next to the contributor, then click Delete.
- To add a new team member, create a new goal for that team member.