Find answers and general information quickly about HubSpot's integration with GoToWebinar.
How long does it take to sync information between HubSpot and GoToWebinar?
When you enable a webinar, or a contact fills out a webinar registration form, HubSpot queues the information for syncing. Syncing can take between 1 minute and 2 hours or more, depending on the amount of information queued to sync.
To manually update GoToWebinar with your recent HubSpot webinar form submissions:
- In HubSpot, create a list of the form submissions by using the form submissions list filter. You can refine the form submissions filter by date, if you want to export submissions from a specific time frame.
- Export the list. You'll receive an email with the file download link.
- After downloading the exported file, use the list to manually register attendees in GoToWebinar.
- Once HubSpot and GoToWebinar sync, the contacts in HubSpot will deduplicate with the registrants in GoToWebinar based on email address.
To manually update HubSpot with recent GoToWebinar registrants:
- Export the registrant data from GoToWebinar.
- Import your contacts into HubSpot using the exported data.
- Once HubSpot and GoToWebinar sync, contacts in HubSpot will deduplicate based on email address.
Why do my GoToWebinar registrants and HubSpot registration lists not match?
A discrepancy between the lists of registrants for your webinar in HubSpot and GoToWebinar can exist due to the following:
- HubSpot does not process webinar cancellations.
Oncea contact is marked as registered in HubSpot, they will not be marked as unregistered even if they cancel their registration. HubSpot treats these contacts the same as those who registered but did not attend a webinar. GoToWebinar, however, removes registrants who cancel from its lists.
- If a GoToWebinar registrant that becomes a HubSpot contact is later deleted in HubSpot, the number of registrants shown in HubSpot will decrease. However, the number
inGoToWebinar will remain unchanged.
- If a HubSpot contact was created then deleted, and the contact registers for your webinar, the integration will not re-create the contact and the contact will not be added to the HubSpot registration list.
Can I limit the number of registrants for my webinar?
The registrant limit in GoToWebinar can be up to ten times your attendee limit (i.e., if your attendee limit is 100, your registrant limit can be set up to 1,000).
If you're using HubSpot to collect webinar registrations, there is no way to limit the number of contacts who can submit the webinar form. However, you can filter contacts who have submitted the webinar form but are not registered for the webinar (GoToWebinar will stop registering submissions once the limit is reached). You can then reach out to those contacts to inform them that the webinar is full.
Can I allow contacts to choose from multiple recurring webinar dates on one HubSpot page?
No - if you have a recurring webinar, you will not be able to list all of the dates on one page and have HubSpot automatically enroll the contact in the appropriate webinar via the GoToWebinar integration. This is due to API limitations where HubSpot is not able to determine if a webinar is standalone or recurring.
To allow customers to select from multiple webinar dates, HubSpot recommends one of the two options below:
- Create one landing page for contacts to sign up for your webinar. From this page, provide several links to direct contacts to an individual landing page with a form for the specific webinar.
- Set up a landing page and form that collects which webinar the contact wished to attend, but do not link it to GoToWebinar. Enroll contacts in a list based on their selection and use HubSpot's built-in Zapier integration to enroll the contact in GoToWebinar. Please note that GoToWebinar is one of Zapier's Premium Apps, so you will need to be on a paid Zapier plan in order to utilize this option.
What properties sync between HubSpot and GoToWebinar?
In order for HubSpot to successfully register a contact for a webinar in your GoToWebinar account, or GoToWebinar to create a contact in your HubSpot account, you must capture the following information from a contact when they register for a webinar:
- First name
- Last name
The following fields will also sync between HubSpot and GoToWebinar, if values are available:
- Street address
- Postal code
- Phone number
- Company name (Organization)
- Job title
Webinar registrants who are existing contacts in your HubSpot account will not have their properties updated with any new values. Webinar registrants who are not existing contacts in your HubSpot account will be created as new contacts, with the properties above populated with values included in their webinar registration.
When webinar data is collected and synced to HubSpot, it will appear as a timeline activity in your contacts' records. You can see when your contact registers for a webinar, attends a webinar, how long their session time was, and any Question and Answer(s) that happened during the webinar.
Why is there a difference between the number of contacts registered for a webinar in GoToWebinar and the number of contacts in my webinar list in HubSpot?
There can be a number of reasons for a discrepancy between HubSpot and GoToWebinar. These include:
- Invalid state or country: HubSpot will not be able to create a contact if the state or country field value in GoToWebinar does not match a value in the HubSpot State/Region field. Ensure that the values in both properties match to allow contacts to sync successfully.
- Deleted contact: If a webinar contains a registrant which has an email address for a HubSpot contact which was previously deleted, the HubSpot contact will not be recreated.
I received an email telling me to update my webinar landing page, what do I need to do?
You need to ensure that the form on your landing page is linked to an upcoming webinar. This form will automatically register contacts for the webinar when they submit.