Analyze Shopify data in HubSpot
Last updated: January 25, 2022
|All products and plans|
Please note: Shopify properties sync to HubSpot in the language they are set in Shopify. For example, if the properties in Shopify are in English, the properties synced to your HubSpot portal will also be in English, even if your portal is set to a different language.
Analyze Shopify products, customers and orders in HubSpot
To view your Shopify products, customers and orders in HubSpot:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Integrations > Ecommerce.
The total number of Shopify products, customers, and orders will appear in the report at the top.
Shopify products will be created in your HubSpot product library. The following properties sync between Shopify and HubSpot products:
You can use the line item properties in lists to segment contacts by their Shopify product purchase. Learn more about setting criteria for your lists.
If products are deleted in Shopify, the corresponding product in HubSpot will be deleted. However, when a product is removed from a Shopify cart, the corresponding line item is not removed from the deal record in HubSpot.
- The Shopify customer or abandoned cart contact was created with an email address.
- A HubSpot contact does not exist with the same email address. If a HubSpot contact already exists with the same email address, Shopify will update the existing contact if a value exists for the email property.
When customer records are deleted in Shopify, the corresponding contact records will not be deleted in HubSpot.
When contacts that were created from Shopify are deleted in HubSpot, the corresponding customer records will not be deleted in Shopify. These contacts will not be re-created in HubSpot if their records are updated in Shopify.
HubSpot contacts that are created as part of the initial import from Shopify will have an Original source drill-down 1 value of INTEGRATION_SYNC and an Original source drill-down 2 value of integrations-sync. These contacts must convert on a HubSpot form or click through on a HubSpot marketing email that links to a page with the tracking code installed before they can be tracked in HubSpot.
Contacts that are synced over and created in HubSpot after the Shopify integration is set up will have Original source drill-down 1 and Original source drill-down 2 values based on their original source type as determined by Shopify. These contacts will be tracked in HubSpot as soon as they sync over from ShopifyThe following properties sync between Shopify and HubSpot contacts:
Tax exempt (checkbox)
Verified email (checkbox)
Please note: Shopify can store a customer's phone number in 2 sections; Customer overview and Default address. HubSpot will only sync with the phone number field in the Customer overview section.
Shopify orders sync with HubSpot deals in the ecommerce pipeline, which is automatically created when the Shopify integration is set up. Each order is associated with a product and customer when synced from Shopify, and the corresponding deal in HubSpot will be associated with a product and contact.
If an order is deleted in Shopify, the corresponding deal will be deleted in HubSpot.
The following properties sync between Shopify orders and HubSpot deals:
Abandoned checkout URL
Buyer accepts marketing
Total line items price
Please note: a Shopify order with an associated customer that was not created with an email address will sync over to HubSpot as a deal without an associated contact.
Create an ecommerce dashboard
After your Shopify store is connected to HubSpot, ecommerce reports will be added to your account. You can create a dashboard of ecommerce reports that track customer orders and customer engagement with your ecommerce store.
To create an ecommerce dashboard:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Reports > Dashboards.
- In the top right, click Create dashboard.
- In the left panel, navigate to Ecommerce.
- Click the Ecommerce template.
- In the right panel, review the eight pre-made reports. Clear the checkboxes next to the reports you don't want to include, then click Next.
- Enter a dashboard name and set the user access to this dashboard
- Click Create dashboard.
Learn more about creating dashboards and customizing reports on your ecommerce dashboard.
Automate ecommerce campaigns (Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise only)
Create workflows to follow up with contacts who are engaging with your ecommerce campaigns. The default ecommerce workflow emails use ecommerce email templates. These templates include custom deal-specific modules, and can be modified in the design manager.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Shopify and select Set up an ecommerce workflow.
- Click Create workflow below one of the three ecommerce workflow types:
- New customer (deal-based workflow):this workflow welcomes new customers with a series of emails and will trigger when a contact makes their first purchase.
- Abandon cart (deal-based workflow): this workflow reminds your contacts to place an order and will trigger 24 hours after a customer has abandoned a cart.
- Re-engagement (contact-based workflow): this workflow sends your contacts a series of re-engagement emails and will trigger when a contact hasn’t made a purchase in a set number of days.
- In the right panel, in the Recommended section, suggested workflow actions will appear. To view more actions, click See more. Select an action to add it to your workflow.
- Set up your action, then click Save.
- To add another action to the workflow, click the + plus icon.
- When you're done, click Click here to review and turn on.
- You'll be redirected to the workflow in the workflows tool. In the upper right, click Review.
- Review the workflow settings, then click Turn on.
- You cannot modify enrollment triggers in the default ecommerce workflows. To use an ecommerce workflow with different triggers, clone the workflow.
- An order will have a deal stage of Checkout Abandoned in HubSpot if the Shopify order is created and not completed within 24 hours. After 24 hours pass, the order will move from Checkout Pending to Checkout Abandoned.
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.
Connect and use HubSpot data sync
With HubSpot data sync you can create a one-way or two-way sync between HubSpot and your other apps to unite...Knowledge Base
Access your HubSpot API key
With the HubSpot API key, your developers can create custom applications with HubSpot’s APIs. Each key is...Knowledge Base
Connect HubSpot and Microsoft Teams
Connect your Microsoft Teams account to HubSpot to send your contacts Microsoft Teams meeting links and...Knowledge Base