With custom reports, you have more flexibility in analyzing objects and activities in your HubSpot account.
The reports list lets you manage all default reports in your account and any custom reports that you create.
The object types available for custom object reports are contacts, companies, deals, tickets, activities, products, or feedback submissions. You can create both single object and cross-object reports:
- Single object: you can report on one object type.
- Cross-object: you can analyze relationships between two different object types.
Please note: there are limits on the number of custom reports you may have depending on your subscription. Learn more about these limits in the HubSpot Product & Services Catalog.
- In the upper right, click Create custom report.
- In the left panel, select Single object or Cross-object.
- Select the objects you want to report on, then click Next.
- At the top, click your report's name to edit it.
- In the left panel, click Add [Object type] Property to browse and select the properties you want to report on.
- After selecting these properties, in the left panel, drag and drop properties to reorder the columns in the table on the right.
- To remove a property, click the x.
- In the upper left, click Filters to segment the records that appear in your report.
- Click Add filter and browse or search for the property you want to use to filter your report, then set the criteria.
- If you are reporting on deal amounts and have multiple currencies, you can add the Currency property here to filter deals with a specific currency.
Please note: you must add at least one filter to your report.
- After setting up your properties and filters, click Get data to gather the relevant records. If the records are already gathered automatically, skip to the next step.
- Click the Visualization tab to customize the chart for your report.
- Select a chart type. The options depend on the object type you've selected.
- In the Configure chart section, drag and drop properties into the Displaying section to add them to your chart. You must select a date property or a property that gives a specific count to plot your data.
Please note: in a cross-object report, a record may be counted multiple times if it meets the displayed metric more than once.
When a metric is selected to display based on one object type (e.g. contacts), the report counts the number of instances each record meets the displayed metric. For records of the other object type (e.g. company), the report may count each record multiple times if it has multiple associations.
For example, in a cross-object report with a data set of one company associated to two contacts:
- When Create date (Contact) is selected to be displayed:
- Two instances of the company will appear because the company met the criteria where Create date is known for a contact twice, since it is associated to two contacts.
- Each contact will be counted as one instance as they each meet the displayed criteria once.
- When Create date (Company) is selected to be displayed:
- Only one instance of the company appears since it only meets the displayed criteria of Create date is known for a company once.
- Each contact will also count as one instance each as each of them is associated to one company.
- If you've selected a line or area chart with a date property as a report measure, you can compare the current data set with a goal or a previous time period. In the upper right, click the Display options dropdown menu.
- To compare your data with a static number goal for each month, select Include monthly report goal and enter the monthly goal in the Goal field.
- To compare your data with existing goals you've set related to the data in your report, select Include [measurement] goal
- To compare your data with a previous time period, click the Comparison dropdown menu and select the date range you'd like to compare the current data to. The options displayed here depend on date property filters you've set.
- If you are reporting on deals, have multiple currencies in your account, and have selected the Amount in company currency property, the Closed amount in company currency property, or the Forecast amount in company currency property, amounts will appear in the company currency by default. Click the Currency dropdown menu to convert amounts to another one of your currencies.
- To receive a file with your report's data, click Export in the upper right. In the dialog box, select the File type, enter the Email address to receive this file and then click Export.
- When you're done with your report, click Save to add it to your list of saved reports.