If you're having trouble with the sales calling tool, make sure you're calling from a country that's supported for calling. If your country is supported but you're still having trouble calling, the following technical factors may be responsible:
- Internet speed
- Web browser
- Provider requirements
Internet speedThe bandwidth requirements for calling are consistent download and upload speeds of 10mbps. Test your speeds to see if you meet these requirements. If you don't reliably get more than 10mbps for both download and upload, we recommend trying the following:
- Use a wired ethernet connection.
- Talk to your company's IT team to see if the wireless router you’re connected to is having problems.
- Check with your internet service provider to find out what speeds are guaranteed in your contract.
Web browserSafari and Microsoft Edge are currently not supported by the calling tool. If you're experiencing issues in one of our supported browsers, please try making a call in incognito/private browsing mode and in other browsers. If the issue does not persist in these circumstances, there is likely a conflict with your browser’s cache, extensions/plugins, or settings. To diagnose and resolve these issues, we recommend the following:
- Disable (not delete) all your extensions, then try calling again. If you're able to successfully place calls, re-enable your extensions one by one to isolate which one is causing the conflict.
- Check your browser settings to confirm you're using the audio device you want, and HubSpot has access.
Please note: using a browser on a mobile device or tablet is not supported. If you would like to use one of those devices, you should use the HubSpot app.
Run all four of the Twilio tests. There are two under the Twilio Client tab and two under the Network tab.
Successful results will be in green.
If you receive errors for any of these tests, please try the following:
- Test call: the most likely error you’ll encounter will pertain to your audio device. This article walks through how to resolve microphone issues.
- Bandwidth: see the Internet Speed section above. If you aren’t meeting Twilio’s requirements, then you likely aren’t meeting HubSpot’s. The speed test will help you isolate if the problem is upload or download.
- Network tests: check out these articles from Twilio on ICE errors and port requirements.
If you're still having issues after taking these steps, reach out to HubSpot Support. When you contact Support, please include evidence that you meet all the requirements listed above, along with information regarding any steps you've taken to resolve the issues you encountered.
To speed up the process and help the support team troubleshoot, immediately following your next calling issue, take a screenshot or screen recording with your browser's console open to include with your ticket. To access your console:
- Right-click anywhere on your screen.
- Click Inspect.
- In the window that appears, click on the Console tab.
If you are a HubSpot CRM Free user please use the HubSpot Community for further assistance. You can reach the community using the Help button.