The import error Cannot parse property indicates that the value(s) you are importing for a property is not compatible with the property in HubSpot. This warning is most often seen when importing into an enumeration property - these include dropdown selects, radio selects, and checkbox properties - but can also be seen when importing values for date picker properties.
When importing into an enumeration property, this error likely means the value in the file does not match one of the values in the property itself.
For example, you have a dropdown contact property called Favorite Color with the options:
If you try to import a contact with the value yellow for this property, you will see the error Warning - Cannot parse property favorite_color enumeration option yellow. This is because yellow is not one of the options in the property so HubSpot does not recognize it.
To correct this:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Properties.
- Hover over the property you want to add values to and click Edit.
- Add any necessary additional options to the property.
- Reimport your file into HubSpot.
Please note: if you are importing values into a multiple checkbox property, you can add additional options for your contact without overwriting their existing options.