Sending a customer support survey gives customers the opportunity to score their customer experience with one of your reps.
To set up a customer support survey:
- In your HubSpot Service Hub Professional account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Under Customer support, click Set up survey.
- On the next screen, click Start in the upper right-hand corner. You'll then walk through each step in the creation process:
This is the channel your survey will be delivered through, with Email selected by default. Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the branding and appearance of your survey. First, set the name and address that your survey will be sent from. You can select the name and address of any user in your account.
Enter your company's name in the Company name field. Customize the Subject line for your survey email. Click the Survey language dropdown menu and select which language you would like the survey to be in. Next, select one of the default color options, or set a custom color by entering a hex value or clicking the color picker to the right.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up question to discover why customers gave you the score they did:
- Click the 0 - 3 Difficult tab to enter text for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 4 - 5 Neutral tab to enter text for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 6 - 7 Easy tab to enter text for customers who gave a high score.
Click the Thank you tab to continue.
4. Thank you
Customize your thank you message a customer will see after submitting their survey response:
- Toggle the Show illustration switch on or off depending on if you'd like to show the default illustration with your thank you message.
- Enter a header for your thank you message in the Header text field.
- Enter a message for your visitors in the Body text field.
Click the Recipients tab to continue.
In the Send the survey field, enter the number of hours after a ticket has been closed that you'd like to send the survey email to your customers. To send the survey to customers in a specific ticket pipeline, click the dropdown menu and select the name of the pipeline.
Click the Options tab to continue.
Click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown to select teams and/or individual users to receive email notifications when a customer submits a support survey.
Click the Summary tab to continue.
Here you can review the settings , and take some time to ensure that the settings in previous steps have been set up to your liking. Click Preview to see how the survey will appear on desktop, tablet, and mobile, or click Test to send a version of the survey to yourself. When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to take your survey live.