Sending a customer support survey gives customers the opportunity to score their customer experience with one of your reps.
To set up a customer support survey:
- In your HubSpot Service Hub Professional account, navigate to Service > Customer Feedback.
- Under Customer support, click Set up survey.
- On the next screen, click Start in the upper right-hand corner. You'll then walk through each step in the creation process:
This is the channel your survey will be delivered through, with Email selected by default. Click the Customize tab to continue.
Customize the appearance of your survey. Enter your company's name in the Company name field. Next, select a color for your survey or enter a hex value or choose a custom color from a color picker.
Click the Follow-up tab to continue.
Customize your follow-up question to discover why customers gave you the score they did:
- Click the 0 - 3 Difficult tab to enter text for customers who gave a low score.
- Click the 4 - 5 Neutral tab to enter text for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click the 6 - 7 Easy tab to enter text for customers who gave a high score.
Click the Thank you tab to continue.
4. Thank you
Customize your thank you message a customer will see after submitting their survey response:
- Toggle the Show illustration switch on or off depending on if you'd like to show the default illustration with your thank you message.
- Enter a header for your thank you message in the Header text field.
- Enter a message for your visitors in the Body text field.
Click the Recipients tab to continue.
In the Send the survey field, enter the number of hours after a ticket has been closed as a delay before the survey email is sent to your customers.
Click the Options tab to continue.
Click the When customers have submitted feedback send email notifications to dropdown to select users and teams to receive email notifications when a customer submits a support survey.
Click the Preview tab to continue.
This is a preview of what your support survey will look like for customers. Click the arrows in the upper right to preview each step of the survey process.
Click the Summary tab to move to the final step.
Review your delay on this step, and take some time to ensure that the settings in previous steps have been set up to your liking. When you're done, click Publish in the upper right to take your survey live.