Replies to emails sent using a connected inbox
Replies to emails will be logged automatically on the contact's timeline if you have connected a G Suite (formerly known as Google Apps for Work) or an Outlook 365 account here and the following is true:
- The original email was sent through the CRM or sent from your connected inbox
- The original email was not sent to a colleague email address with the same email domain (what comes after the @ in your email address)
- The original email was sent from a user in your portal
Forwarding replies to the CRM
If you don't have a G Suite or an Outlook 365 account to connect to the CRM, you can manually forward a reply to [Your Hub ID]@forward.hubspot.com and the message will be appended to the contact record in the CRM. You can find your Hub ID in the top right-hand corner of your HubSpot account (more information here).
There are a few things to keep in mind when forwarding replies to the CRM:
- Ensure that you are forwarding the individual reply email (avoid forwarding other parts of the email chain). The forwarded message header generated by your email client must be present and in English:
- Ensure that the email address you are forwarding the email from is a Sales user in the CRM
- Ensure the contact does not have the same email domain (what comes after the @ in an email address) as the user forwarding the email to the CRM
The forwarded email will appear in the contact's timeline like this:
If the person that had sent you the original email is not present in your HubSpot CRM, forwarding the message will automatically create a contact for you. With this feature, your sales team will no longer need to create all new contacts directly in your HubSpot CRM, nor copy and paste an email message from their email Inbox; the forwarding address handles it all!