One of the major benefits of HubSpot's CRM is that it works with the tools that you already use. Connect HubSpot Sales to the CRM to log email activities and automatically add new Contacts that you email into the CRM.
Log an email in HubSpot CRM
- Open your Gmail or Outlook inbox and compose a new email.
- Select a recipient.
- Ensure that the Log checkbox is selected in your email compose window.
- Once you check this box, it will remain checked for future email sends. If you uncheck this box, it will remain unchecked until checked again.
- Click Send.
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Contacts and locate your email's recipient.
- Within your contact’s activity timeline you will see a log of the sent email.
The email address that you send from in your email client must be listed as either a user in your account, one of your connected email addresses under Account Menu > Profile & Preferences, or an alias in your email client for logging to occur.
Also, to prevent tracking of internal emails between you and your colleagues, the CRM will not log emails sent between you and other contacts that match your email domain.
Log an email reply in HubSpot CRM
Replies to your emails that are sent through the HubSpot CRM will also get logged automatically on the contact's timeline as long as you have connected a Gmail (G Suite, formerly Google Apps) or Outlook 365 account in your Settings here.
Learn more about connecting your inbox in this article.