In HubSpot, you can send notifications whenever a contact submits one of your HubSpot forms. If a contact has previously submitted any other form on your website, the submission notification will indicate a contact reconversion so that you can identify contacts who have repeatedly engaged with your content.
Below you'll learn how to set the default recipients for notifications when a visitor submits your form on any page; how to customize these recipients for specific HubSpot pages (Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise only); how to subscribe to form submission notifications; and how to troubleshoot if you are not receiving notifications.
- Set default recipients
- Customize recipients on individual pages
- Subscribe to form submission notifications
- Not receiving form submission notifications
To set the default email address(es) to which you'd like your form submission notifications to be sent:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
- Click the name of your form.
- Click the Options tab.
- Enter the email address(es) of the notifications recipients in the Send submission notifications to field. You can also select teams here.
If you have a Marketing Hub Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account and your form appears on multiple HubSpot pages, you can override the form defaults and set specific recipients for submissions on a particular page. To do so:
Please note: if you choose to override the form defaults, the default recipient(s) set at the form-level will not receive notifications for submissions on this page unless you add them on the page.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Landing Pages.
- Hover over the landing page and click Edit.
- Click the form module in the page editor to edit the form's options.
- Scroll down to Form Submission Notifications and check the Send form notifications to specified email addresses instead of the form defaults box.
- Add your email address(es) to the field below.
In order to receive form submission notifications yourself, you'll need to subscribe to notifications in Profile & Preferences:
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- Scroll to the Submissions section, then click Advanced preferences.
- Select the Email checkbox to the right of Form Submissions.
If you've subscribed to form submission notifications and your email address has been added as a notification recipient, but you're not receiving notifications:
- Check your spam/junk folder and any mail filters you have set up
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book or as contacts in your email client.