- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Conversations > Inbox.
- If you have multiple inboxes in your account, click the dropdown menu in the top left and select another inbox to view.
- In the inbox, you can use the following features to manage your conversations:
To search all of your conversations, click the search icon search in the top left. To filter the messages displayed in your inbox, click the Filter dropdown menu and select from the following criteria:
- Status: filter your conversations based on their open or closed status.
- Channel: sort conversations based on whether they were created through Chat, over Email, or select to view All.
- Assignee: filter conversations by the specific team member assigned to the conversation.
- Date: filter conversations that took place over a specific time range.
All conversations are segmented in different inbox views. These views group conversations by assignee, channel, or filtered status. In the left sidebar, select a view:
- All conversations: view all your team's conversations in the inbox.
- Assigned to me: view all conversations that are routed or assigned to you.
- Unassigned conversations: view all conversations that have not been assigned to an owner.
- Email: view all conversations that originated from your team's email inbox.
- Chat: view all conversations that originated from a chat widget on your site.
- Messenger: view all conversations that originated on a Facebook Business Page with a connected Facebook Messenger account.
- Forms: view all submissions to a connected support form.
- Bots: view all bot conversations that were never or have not yet been assigned to an owner.
- Filtered: view all emails that are not relevant to your business conversations, such as promotional emails. Any emails received from a role-based email (marketing@, sales@, etc.) will be sent to the Filtered view.
- Trash: view all deleted conversations. Open a deleted conversation to review the content. If you want to restore the deleted conversation, click Restore rotatei in the top menu. To permanently delete the message, click Delete forever delete.
- Sent: view all outgoing emails sent from the conversations inbox and from a record in the CRM. Keep in mind that when the recipient replies to the email, the conversation will move to the All conversations view and any other relevant views, such as the Assigned to me or Unassigned view.
Above the filters, click Compose to write an outgoing email directly from your conversations inbox. Learn more about sending and replying to emails from the conversations inbox.
List of conversations
In the left panel, view a list of all conversations in your selected view, with the following details:
- The name of the contact who started the conversation.
- The email subject line or a preview of the chat transcript.
- The timestamp of when the email or chat was opened.
- A label to indicate if the conversation is from a Chat or Email channel.
- Click a chat conversation to open a detailed view of the thread on the right.
- To select a user to assign the conversation to, click the Assignee dropdown menu at the top left.
- To delete the conversation, block a sender, or mark the conversation as spam, click the More dropdown menu in the top right.
Please note: if you mark an email conversation as spam, this will filter the current thread only. Learn more about blocking senders.
- To mark the conversation as closed, click success Mark as closed.
- In the reply editor at the bottom of the conversation, you can reply to incoming emails or live chat with your website visitors.
- If you want more space to respond to the conversation, you can collapse the right or left panel by clicking the last icon at the top of the panel, and expand the panel again by clicking the first icon.
Please note: in bot conversations where the visitor has not reached the bot's Agent handoff action, the conversation cannot be marked as closed until after 30 minutes of visitor inactivity.
- To delete or close your conversations in bulk:
- Hover over the conversation(s) and select the checkbox(s) next to the threads you want to edit.
- At the top of the inbox, select delete or Mark as closed.
About and associated recordsThe right panel shows you full details of the contact record associated with your selected conversation.
- To open a contact record in a new browser tab, click the name of the contact.
- To create a new ticket associated with the contact, click Create ticket.
- To update the contact record or create a new engagement, click the More dropdown menu:
- Email: send a one-to-one email.
- Call: call the contact.
- Add note: add a note to the record.
- Create task: create a task for the record.
- Send meeting invite: schedule a meeting with the contact.
- Disassociate Contact: remove the association between the contact and the live chat thread.
- Create deal: create a deal.
- Block sender: block a sender from future interactions with the channel. The conversation will move to your Filtered view in your inbox. You can choose to unblock a sender from your Filtered view so future conversations are visible in your inbox.
- For chats, moving forward, the visitor will see the chat widget when they visit your site, but their new messages will not appear in your inbox.
- For emails, this will filter the thread and all incoming threads from this sender moving forward.
In the About section, view important information about the contact you're emailing or chatting with. You can also view any existing deal, ticket, or company associations, as well as a history of previous conversations with this contact.
Reply and comment
In the lower-left corner, the chat widget includes important settings for your chat status:
- Away mode: use this setting to indicate whether you're active or away for incoming conversations. When you click to toggle the Away mode switch on, you will still appear available for any open chats currently assigned to you, while appearing away to new incoming visitors.
- Reassign replies: use this setting to reassign replies to other team members.
In the lower-left corner of the inbox, you can quickly access your inbox settings to edit. You can edit inbox-level settings or settings specific to your email or chat channel. Learn more about editing your inbox.