An admin with permissions to partition by teams can partition content to specific teams and users. Partitioning separates the content in your account, so that users in the account only see the content that's relevant to them.
Access can be assigned for the following tools:
- landing pages
- website pages
- blog posts
- marketing emails
- lists (BETA)
- dashboards (BETA)
When you assign content access to a team, members of that team can assign access for that content to child teams of their own team.
Set default content assignment
By default, newly created content is accessible to all users that have permissions for the content. However, you may want to only allow specific teams or users to create to edit the content.
To restrict access to newly created content to only its creator, their team, and if applicable, their parent teams:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Users & Teams.
- Click the Teams tab.
- Click to toggle the Restrict new content to creators and their teams switch on.
Assign specific content to users and teams
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your landing pages, website pages, blog, marketing email, forms, or CTA dashboard.
- To assign one piece of content, hover over the content you want to assign, then click the More dropdown menu and select Assign users & teams.
- To assign content in bulk, select the checkboxes next to the content you want to assign, then click Assign users & teams.
- In the dialog box, select the checkbox next to the team name or contact name. If you're using hierarchical teams and assign content to a child team, the parent team gains access automatically.
- To assign the content to additional users, click the Users tab. User can only be selected if the content is assigned to at least one team.
- Click Save.
Please note: any new or bulk changes from the content dashboard will override existing team assignments for the selected content.
Users with Admin access will still be able to access all content across all tools. Admins can filter their content dashboard by team using the All teams dropdown menu.
Please note: this feature controls what content users see in their content dashboard. To control the subdomains teams can use to publish content, learn more about domain publishing permissions.
List partitioning (BETA)
Super Admins can set which teams have visibility to which lists. List visibility affects other HubSpot tools that are powered by lists.
When assigning access to a list, or enabling the default assignment setting, keep in mind the following:
- Partitioned lists cannot be seen or selected by users who are not on the assigned team. This applies to all tools, such as marketing email, workflows, and reports.
- Only the contacts that are owned by the list creator or the users on the assigned teams will appear in a partitioned list. If a contact meets the list criteria but is owned by a user who isn't on the assigned teams, they will not appear in the list. Unassigned contacts will not appear in any partitioned lists because they have no owner.
- If a user moves to a different team, they will no longer be able to access or view the lists they could previously unless their new team has access to the same lists.
To assign access to lists:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Select the checkbox next to the lists that you want to assign to teams.
- In the header row, click lists Assign teams.
- In the dialog box, click All teams and select the teams you want to assign the lists to.
- Click Assign.
Dashboard partitioning (BETA)
Dashboard owners can set which teams have view and edit access to custom dashboards.
To assign access to dashboards:
- Navigate to your HubSpot dashboards by clicking the sprocket icon sprocket in the top left corner of your account.
- Above the dashboard reports, click the Assigned link, then click Edit access.
- In the right panel, select the users that you want to assign access to.
- To only allow the dashboard owner to see the dashboard, select the Private to owner radio button. Then click Save.
- To allow all users to access the dashboard, select the Everyone radio button, then select the View and edit radio button or the View only radio button. Then click Save.
- To allow only specific teams and users to access the dashboard:
- Select the Only specific users and teams radio button.
- Select the View and edit radio button or the View only radio button.
- Click Next.
- Select the checkboxes next to the teams and users you want to assign access to.
- Click Save.