An admin with permissions to partition by teams can assign specific content access to teams and additional users. This keeps content dashboards streamlined, so each user only sees relevant content in their account.
Content access can be assigned for the following tools:
- landing pages
- website pages
- blog posts
- marketing email
- calls-to-action (CTA)
When content has been assigned to a team, members of that team can assign content access for that asset to child teams of their own team.
Set default content assignment
By default, new content created is available for all users with permissions to content. However, you may want to only allow users in the same team to create to edit the content.
To restrict access to newly created content only to its creator, their team, and if applicable, their parent teams:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Users & Teams.
- Click the Teams tab.
- Click to toggle the Default Content Assignment switch on to restrict access to newly created content to only its creator, their team, and if applicable, their parent team.
Assign specific content to users and teams
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your landing pages, website pages, blog, marketing email, forms, or CTA dashboard.
- To assign one piece of content, hover over the content you want to assign, then click the More dropdown menu and select Assign users & teams.
- To assign content in bulk, select the checkboxes next to the content you want to assign, then click Assign users & teams.
- In the dialog box, select the checkbox next to the team name or contact name. If you're using hierarchical teams and assign content to a child team, the parent team gains access automatically.
- To assign the content to additional users, click the Users tab. User can only be selected if the content is assigned to at least one team.
- Click Save.
Please note: any new or bulk changes from the content dashboard will override existing team assignments for the selected content.
Users with Admin access will still be able to access all content across all tools. Admins can filter their content dashboard by team using the All teams dropdown menu.
Please note: this feature controls what content users see in their content dashboard. To control the subdomains teams can use to publish content, learn more about domain publishing permissions.