Merge two deal records into one record. If you merge deals, understand what happens to the data on the two deal records you are merging together.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Locate and click the deal name that will be the primary deal record.
- In the left panel, click the Actions dropdown menu and select Merge.
- Search for the deal you want to merge into the primary deal. Once you've selected your secondary deal, click Merge.
- You will be notified that the merge is in progress. It can take up to 30 minutes for all of the deal activities to sync.
What happens when I merge two deals?
A new deal record will be created as a result of the two merged deals. The activities on their timelines will be merged.
What happens to deal properties?
In general, the most recent value for each property is adopted by the resulting deal. The exceptions are:
- Create Date: the value for the oldest deal is maintained.
- Deal id: the resulting deal will have a new value that is different from the primary and secondary deal .
- Stage: the resulting deal will adopt the stage of the primary deal.
What happens to existing deal workflow enrollments?
This only applies if you have access to workflows.
- The primary and secondary deal will be unenrolled from all workflows.
- The resulting deal will not be enrolled in the workflows that the primary and secondary deals were enrolled in. The resulting deal will also not be enrolled in any new workflows, even if its new property values matches any enrollment triggers at the point of the merge.
What happens to associated objects?
Any associated objects will be associated with the resulting deal.