Use non-HubSpot forms
Last updated: June 16, 2021
|All products and plans|
Non-HubSpot forms are HTML forms on your external site that weren't created in HubSpot. When you install the HubSpot tracking code on your external page or use the HubSpot WordPress plugin, submissions to non-HubSpot forms will be collected in HubSpot.
For form submissions to be collected in HubSpot, your form must:
- be a static HTML form.
- be wrapped in HTML <form> tags.
- not be in an <iframe>.
- have an email input field.
If your form isn't capturing submissions, it's likely due to one of the following reasons:
- Form is not enclosed in
- Form is contained inside
- Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
- Form contains a sensitive field, such as credit card number.
- Form contains hidden fields. The tool does not collect information from any hidden fields.
- The email field is not an email type input, as in: <input type="email">.
- The form isn't using a standard <input type="submit"> button for its form submission. The form must have a standard <input type="submit"> button to capture submissions.
Enable or disable non-HubSpot formsTo enable or disable the collection of information from non-HubSpot forms on your pages:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Marketing > Forms.
- Click the Non-HubSpot Forms tab.
- Click to toggle the Collect data from website forms switch on/off to enable/disable non-HubSpot forms.
- If you would like to send email notifications on non-HubSpot form submissions, enter the email address(es) of the notifications recipients in the Send email notifications for collected forms submissions to field.
- If you have access to marketing contacts, click to toggle the Set new contacts created through non-HubSpot forms as marketing contacts switch on/off to set the default marketing status of these created contacts as marketing/non-marketing.
Once enabled, the tool will automatically start collecting submissions on your website as soon as submissions occur. The tool is able to identify your website's external forms based on the
<form> tag in the HTML code. The form submission data is stored in localStorage and then pushed back into HubSpot to either create a new contact or update
Mapping non-HubSpot form fields and HubSpot properties
All data submitted to non-HubSpot form fields will only match to single-line text field type properties in HubSpot. Non-HubSpot form fields cannot match with other field types.
Non-HubSpot form fields cannot be manually mapped. HubSpot will automatically try to map form fields to existing contact properties in HubSpot using logic in the following order:
- field name with contact property internal name
- field label with contact property name
- field label with contact property internal name
- field name with contact property name
If a corresponding contact property cannot be detected for a form field, the data submitted won't be stored on the contact record. The details submitted for that form field will still be available in the form submission data.
Manage your non-HubSpot forms
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms.
Hover over a non-HubSpot form and click the Actions dropdown menu to:
Rename: rename the form.
View Information: view the URL of the most recent page where a submission was collected for this form and the date of the first submission. Click Advanced information to show the selector for this form.
View Submissions: view an overview of the form submissions.
Edit MailChimp lists: edit the MailChimp lists that you want to send submissions to.
Edit email notifications: edit the form submission notification addresses.
Move: move the form into a folder.
Convert to HubSpot Form: convert the form into a HubSpot form.
Delete Form: remove the form from the forms dashboard. As non-HubSpot forms are not hosted on HubSpot, this will not delete the actual, live form on your external site.
Export your content and data
Learn how to export HubSpot content and data from your account, such as pages, contacts, and files. Please...Knowledge Base
Add videos to your HubSpot content
With HubSpot video, you can upload videos to the files tool, then add them to pages, marketing emails, blog...Knowledge Base
Use forms to gather important information about your visitors and contacts. In HubSpot, you can easily create...Knowledge Base