You may occasionally wish to merge two existing contacts in HubSpot.
- Navigate to Contacts:
- In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- In your HubSpot Sales account, click Contacts in the main navigation menu.
- Search for the contact record you want to keep as your primary contact.
- Click the contact name to open the contact record.
- Click Actions > Merge at the upper left.
- Search for the contact you want to merge into the primary contact. Once you've selected your secondary contact, click Merge. The email address of the secondary contact will no longer be used. To learn more about what happens when you merge two contacts, check out this article.
- You will be notified that the merge is in progress. It can take up to 30 minutes for all of the contacts' activities to sync.
To learn about merging companies in HubSpot, check out this article.