Find answers and general information quickly about the ads tool in HubSpot. If you have any specific questions about Facebook lead ads in the ads tool, check out frequently asked questions about Facebook lead ads.
Google Ads: HubSpot can track most Google ad types, including YouTube ads, but it cannot report on or track Google Smart Campaigns due to API limitations.
Facebook Ads: HubSpot can track most Facebook ad types but it cannot track ads placed on Instagram stories or Instagram feeds, and ads on Facebook that do not link to external sites, like Facebook Messenger ads.
LinkedIn Ads: HubSpot is only able to track LinkedIn single image ads. Leads who submit Lead Gen Forms on any ad type will sync to HubSpot, even if the ad type is not trackable.
For ad types that Hubspot isn't able to track, the HubSpot ads tool will report basic information, such as clicks and impressions. Contacts will not be attributed to untracked ads. Learn more about ad tracking in HubSpot.
Will my existing ads appear in the ads tool?
After you connect your Facebook Ads, Google Ads, or LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot, your existing ads will automatically sync to HubSpot and appear on your ads dashboard, which can then be viewed and tracked in HubSpot.
How do I pause an active ad?
To pause an active ad campaign or individual ads in the ads tool:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the dashboard, click the name of an ad campaign.
- In the upper right, click to toggle the switch off to pause the ad campaign.
- In the Ads table, click to toggle the switch off next to an ad set, ad group, or specific ad to pause it.
What happens if I disconnect and reconnect my account?
If you're disconnecting and reconnecting your Facebook Ads, Google Ads, or LinkedIn Ads account for troubleshooting purposes, be aware that:
- Previously collected data will not be lost.
- Previously created audiences will be available once you reinstall the ad network pixel. However, if an audience is deleted from the ad network, the audience will not be available upon reconnection.
- Any leads that submitted lead ads or Lead Gen Forms while the account was disconnected will retroactively sync to HubSpot. However, they will not appear in attribution reporting.
What happens if I go over my ad spend limit?
Ad spend is the total amount of money spent on ads during the last 30 days across all ad accounts that are connected to your HubSpot account. Depending on your Marketing Hub subscription, your account will have one of the following ad spend limits:
- Marketing Hub Free and Starter: $1000 USD/month
- Marketing Hub Professional: $10,000 USD/month
- Marketing Hub Enterprise: $30,000 USD/month
- Any Marketing Hub tier with the legacy Ads Add-On (purchased before December 3, 2018) does not have a spend limit
Ad spend limits reset based on a rolling 30-day period. This means your limit doesn't reset on a specific day, but rather your total ad spend is evaluated each day for the previous 30-day period. When your account gets close to its ad spend limit, a banner will be shown on your ads dashboard.
Once the spend limit is reached, users in the account will no longer be able to:
- toggle ads between paused and active in HubSpot.
- create new ads in HubSpot.
Both of these tasks can be accomplished directly in your ad account instead. Tracking, reporting, lead syncing, and audience syncing are not affected when spend limit is reached. You can increase your spend limit by $50,000 USD per month by purchasing the Ads add-on. The add-on will also allow you to create an additional 50 contact list audiences.