Ads | Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated: June 14, 2023
Find answers and general information quickly about the ads tool in HubSpot. If you have any specific questions about Facebook lead ads in the ads tool, check out frequently asked questions about Facebook lead ads.
Why isn't the ads tool loading?
If you're facing issues loading any ad content or the ads tool, it is likely due to ad blockers installed on your browser. Ad blockers such as Ghostery or AdBlock can prevent the ads tool from loading. Check your browser and disable any ad blockers, then try loading the ads tool again.
What ad campaign types are supported in the ads tool?
HubSpot can track the following types of ads for contact attribution:
- Google Ads: HubSpot can track most Google ad types, but some ad types are not supported due to API limitations:
- Facebook and Instagram Ads: HubSpot can track most Facebook and Instagram ads, but some ad types are not supported due to API limitations:
- LinkedIn Ads: HubSpot can track most LinkedIn ads, but some ad types are not supported due to API limitations:
For ad types that Hubspot cannot track, the HubSpot ads tool will report basic information, such as clicks and impressions. Contacts will not be attributed to untracked ads. Learn more about ad tracking in HubSpot.
Will my existing ads appear in the ads tool?
After you connect your Facebook Ads, Google Ads, or LinkedIn Ads account to HubSpot, your existing ads will automatically sync to HubSpot and appear on your ads dashboard, which can then be viewed and tracked in HubSpot.
How do I pause an active ad?
To pause an active ad campaign or individual ads in the ads tool:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Ads.
- In the dashboard, click the name of an ad campaign.
- In the upper right, click to toggle the switch off to pause the ad campaign.
- In the Ads table, click to toggle the switch off next to an ad set, ad group, or specific ad to pause it.
What is the difference between ad tracking and reporting?
Not all ad types are supported for tracking and reporting in HubSpot. For example, Facebook Lead ads can be tracked and reported, while LinkedIn InMail ads can be tracked but cannot be reported. Learn more about which ad types can be tracked and reported on with Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn ads.
- Tracking: when HubSpot's tracking template is applied to an ad URL, which is required for contact attribution. When an ad type does not support adding the template, HubSpot cannot attribute any contacts to the ad.
- Reporting: displaying report data retrieved directly from an ad network, such as impressions or clicks. This does not require tracking and the data can be displayed even if an ad is not supported for tracking. Learn more about the specific metrics retrieved from each ad network.
What happens if I disconnect and reconnect my account?
If you're disconnecting and reconnecting your Facebook Ads, Google Ads, or LinkedIn Ads account for troubleshooting purposes, please note the following:
- Previously collected data will not be lost.
- Previously created audiences will be available once you reinstall the ad network pixel. However, if an audience is deleted from the ad network, the audience will not be available upon reconnection.
- Any leads that submitted lead ads or Lead Gen Forms while the account was disconnected will retroactively sync to HubSpot.
Will I be notified if there's an issue with one of my connected accounts?
If there are issues with your connected ad accounts, the following email notifications will be sent:
- If an ad account becomes inaccessible due to an authentication error or change of user permissions on the ad network, an email will be sent to the user who originally connected the ad account.
- If the account remains inaccessible for seven days, another email will be sent to all Super Admins in your HubSpot account.
- If no action is taken to reconnect the ad account for another seven days, a final email will be sent to all users in your HubSpot account.
How do I delete an ad campaign?
At the moment, it is not possible to delete ad campaigns from within HubSpot. To delete an ad campaign, you must delete it directly from the ad network instead.