You can import companies into your HubSpot database using a CSV file.
Prepare your CSV file
- Include a header row in your CSV file and match each column's header with a company property. You can include values for any of the default HubSpot properties and/or custom properties. For reference, download a sample CSV import file.
- HubSpot uses the Company Domain Name property and the Company Website property to de-duplicate companies and enrich them with information from the web. If you include company domain names in your CSV, you'll avoid creating duplicate companies.
- If you want to assign an owner to the companies during the import, you can do this by including a Company Owner column in your CSV file and adding the email address of the user to each row in that column.
- If you don't want to overwrite an existing company's current value for a property, you can either include the current value in the relevant column for that company or leave the cell blank. HubSpot will not overwrite a company's information unless there is a new value present in the CSV file.
- If you have the Automatically create and associate companies with contacts setting enabled, contacts will be automatically associated with company records after the import by matching the email address domain of the contact to the Company Domain Name on the company record.
Import your file
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies.
- Click Import in the upper right of the dashboard.
- Click Start an import in the upper right.
- Select A CSV file, then select Companies.
- Choose the CSV file you wish to import by clicking Select a file or by dragging the file into the window.
- Click Upload at the bottom right.
- On the Import details screen, enter an Import name.
- Click Next, map your properties at the bottom right.
- HubSpot will automatically match the columns in your CSV file to your company properties. You can choose not to import a column by deselecting the corresponding checkbox on the left. You can also change which property the column is mapped to by selecting a different HubSpot property from the dropdown menu.
- If any columns do not match an existing property, they will appear in the Columns without matches section. Click the dropdown menu and select an existing property, or click Create new property to set up a new property to which this column will be mapped.
- Click Finish Import at the bottom right.
After the import is completed, you'll be taken back to the Import Status page, where you'll see the following information:
- Processed: this is the number of records processed by the import.
- Added: this is the number of new companies added. If a company already existed in your account prior to this import, it will not be included in this value.
- Errors: this represents the number of records in the CSV that resulted in an error and therefore could not be processed. Click the number in the Errors column to see more information.