A property's value is typically used (e.g., John for First name) when filtering based on a contact, company, deal, or ticket property in a list or CRM filter. When you're filtering the Original source drill-down 2 contact property, check if there is an internal value and use this internal value instead of the value shown on the dashboard. This typically affects imported records.
Find a contact's internal value for the Original source drill-down 2 property
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Click the name of a contact.
- In the About card, click View all properties.
- Use the search bar to search for the Original source drill-down 2 property.
- Hover over the information icon info under the property name. The internal value will appear in the dialog box.
Please note: if there is no information icon info or if the value here matches what you see in the dashboard, there is no internal value. You can use the value as is for filters.
Use the internal value as a filter
- Place your cursor in the dialog box, then highlight the internal value and copy it.
- Create a list or a CRM filter.
- In the filter, select the Original source drill-down 2 property and paste the internal value in the filter's text field:
- If you're creating a list, your filter will be Contact property | Original source drill-down 2 | (select a criteria, such as is equal to) | [internal value].
- If you're creating a saved filter, your filter will be Original source drill-down 2 | (select a criteria, such as contains) | [internal value].
- Save your list or CRM filter.
- The internal value will appear in the Original source drill-down 2 column.