With products, you can create a product library of all the goods and services you sell, then associate those products with individual deals in HubSpot. Using products, you can easily track what you're selling to your customers and what constitutes your business.
To create a product:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Sales > Products & Quotes.
- In the upper right corner, click Create product.
- In the Create a product pane, enter a Name for the product or service.
- Enter a Description of the product, such as features, options, and measurements.
- Choose if the Price type of the product is Fixed or Recurring.
- Enter the Price of the product. If the price type is recurring, choose if it recurs monthly or yearly.
- Enter your Cost per Unit, and HubSpot calculates the margin based on everything you sell. This lets you know how much money you're making per sale.
- Specify a Term Length. You can offer your customers a product or service on a monthly recurring basis for a year, two years, or whatever suits your product pricing needs.
- Click Save when you are done editing your product details.
- You will now see your new product listed in the product library. If you are using HubSpot's integration with Shopify, click the Source dropdown menu to view products that are syncing with Shopify. You can sort your products by the clicking the Name, Price, or Created columns. Click and drag the columns to reorder the table.
To associate a product or multiple products with a deal record:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Click the name of your deal record.
- Scroll down to the Products card on the left side of the deal record, then click Add products.
- Here, you will see any products currently associated with the deal. In the upper right corner, click Add Product.
- In the pane that slides in, select the product(s) you wish to associate with the deal, then click Add at the bottom.
- You'll now see a list of all the products associated with the deal, along with their respective prices. Here, you can choose to update the unit price and quantity of each product, or remove a product.
- The Summary section on the right side displays the total price of all fixed and recurring products associated with the deal. The option to Update deal amount to $x will be selected by default, and will update the deal amount to the Total listed in this section. If you do not want to update the deal amount based on the associated products, deselect this option.
Please note: if the deal record already has an amount prior to product association, the existing deal amount will be overwritten if Update deal amount to $x is selected.
- Click Save at the bottom left to finish.
- The products associated with the deal will now be visible at a glance in the Products card on the deal record.
After associating your product with a deal, you can specify a discount:
- Hover over your product and click Actions > Edit.
- Under Discount, use the dropdown menu and select either % or currency code (e.g., USD).
- Enter a discount value and click Save.