Messages, available for HubSpot Sales Pro users, helps your website visitors reach out directly to your Sales team.
For example, if a user is visiting your pricing page, chances are they are interested in purchasing. Or at least curious about your service.
Embed Messages onto your website to let your visitors quickly and easily ask questions about your service, helping capture qualified leads with minimal effort.
Please note: This beta version of Messages is being retired. To request access to the new beta version of Messages, which includes live chat functionality, go here and fill out the form.
Already using Sales Pro? No problem. Contact support by selecting the Help button in the bottom right corner of your portal, in order to get the feature enabled.
How to set up Messages
This is what Messages looks like on your website:
Here's how to set it up:
- Within HubSpot Sales, select Sales Tools > Messages.
- Next, select Get Embed Script.
- Once this embed code has been added to your site, select + New message, to create a new Messages widget.
When creating a new Message, you can customize the following settings:
- Message Name: This is the internal name of the message you are creating.
- Messages Avatar: You can select which one of your team member's avatar's will appear in the Messages widget.
- Website pages to be displayed on: Enter URL of the website page you'd like your Message to appear on.
- Show Meetings link: Allow visitors to book a meeting with your team within the Messages widget.
- Rotate to owner: If the visitor has an owner, show the owner's avatar in the Messages widget.
- Message: The message displayed when a visitor first clicks on the Messages widget
Receiving responses from visitors
If a visitor responds to the Message widget, the assigned owner will receive an email containing the Message. If the visitor does not exist in your CRM, they will be prompted to include their email address.
Visitors will also have the option to book a Meeting with the assigned owner. The visitor will be able to select a time based on the assigned owner's Meetings settings.
Messages Best Practices
Messages is a flexible tool that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a couple best practices we've found so far.
Messages perform well on products and pricing pages: Since these pages signal a user with buying intent, we find more conversations and meetings happen on these pages.
Prompt a visitor to ask a question: Conversations happen more when visitors understand the widget is where they go to ask a question.
Create multiple Messages: Adding different messages to different pages on your site is a great way to ensure that the prompt to your visitor maximizes replies. The more specific your message is to the page your visitor is viewing, the more likely they are to ask a question.