With the Salesforce integration, you can create and use an active list in HubSpot to limit the contacts that sync from HubSpot to Salesforce. Any contact in your database that is not included on this list will not sync from HubSpot to Salesforce.
Please note: if you do not use a Salesforce inclusion list, all contacts in HubSpot will sync to Salesforce. If you're a Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise user or a Service Hub Professional or Enterprise user only, while you can integrate with Salesforce, you will not be able to create an inclusion list.
What is the 'Salesforce inclusion list (default)' list in my account?
On June 22, 2017, default inclusion lists were set for all previously existing Salesforce-integrated customers who did not have an inclusion list. The list includes all contacts except those with a lifecycle stage of Subscriber and will appear in your account as Salesforce inclusion list (default).
Please note: there are no underlying functionality changes with this update. Contacts with the lifecycle stage of Subscriber do not meet the criteria for the default inclusion list and are, therefore, ineligible to sync.
Accounts created after June 22, 2017 will not have an inclusion list by default, and all contacts will sync unless an inclusion list is created for your account.
Set up your inclusion list in your integration settings
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Integrations.
- In the Salesforce integration section, click the More dropdown menu and select View details.
- Scroll to the Inclusion List section.
- Click the dropdown menu and select + Create Inclusion List.
- You will be brought to your lists tool. Click the pencil icon edit at the top left and enter a name for the list. For example, if you would like to build a list around contacts that have a lifecycle stage of Sales qualified lead, you'll name your list something along the lines of Sales qualified leads - SF inclusion list.
- On the left, select a list filter type, the set the criteria for your list. For example, you could create a list using the criteria Contact property Lifecycle stage is any of Sales qualified lead. Learn more about how to determine your list criteria.
Please note: by default, when creating an inclusion list, HubSpot will set that list to be an active list. Only an active list can be set as your Salesforce inclusion list because it will dynamically update as contacts meet the filters you’ve set in that list.
- Click Apply filter.
- In the upper right, click Save. Your list make take some time to process.
- Once your list has been saved, return to your Salesforce integration settings.
- In the Inclusion List section, click the dropdown menu and select the list you just created.
Please note: if the auto-add functionality is enabled in your Salesforce settings, new records in Salesforce will be created in HubSpot, but if they do not meet your inclusion list criteria, they will not sync again until they meet the criteria of your inclusion list.
Set up your inclusion list in the lists tool
If you already have a list that you would like to use as your Salesforce inclusion list, you can set this list as your inclusion list directly from the lists tool.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the list name.
- In the upper right corner of the list editor, click the Actions dropdown menu, then select Use this list to limit Salesforce Sync.
Please note: setting a list as an inclusion list will not automatically cause the list to sync; you will need to select Resync list with Salesforce to trigger a sync of the list members.