When you enroll a contact in a Sequence, that Sequence will immediately execute the first step.
Contacts will be unenrolled from sequences when any one of the following occurs:
- The contact replies to one of the emails in your sequence (note: the sequences tool detects automated out-of-office replies from Gmail or Outlook and they will not cause unenrollment).
- The contact sends an email to you from an alias of the email address enrolled in the sequence. This activity will not appear on the contact's timeline.
- The contact sets up a meeting with you or a member of your team using the meetings tool or a meeting has been scheduled with the contact.
- The contact is manually unenrolled from the sequence. To unenroll a contact, follow the instructions below.
- The contact's email address bounced, likely due to an incorrect email address.
Please note: deleting a sequence will not unenroll active contacts from the sequence. If you'd like to prevent any further steps in a sequence from executing for a contact, they will need to be manually unenrolled.
You can manually unenroll contacts from a sequence in one of three ways:
From the contact record
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Contacts.
- Search for the contact you want to unenroll and click the name of the contact.
- On that contact's record, click Unenroll next to the enrolled in sequence alert beneath the contact photo/avatar.
From the Sequence page
- In your HubSpot Sales account, navigate to Sales Tools > Sequences.
- Click the name of the sequence from which you'd like to unenroll your contact.
- Click the Actions dropdown to the right of the contact you'd like to unenroll, then select Unenroll.
From the Gmail Sidebar
- Within Gmail, compose a new email.
- In the To (recipient) field, enter the email address of the contact you'd like to unenroll.
- If you have Contact Profiles in Gmail enabled, you should see the HubSpot Sales Sidebar appear.
- If your contact is currently enrolled in a sequence, you'll see a box that says Enrolled in sequence. Click Unenroll from sequence to remove the contact from the sequence.