When you enroll a contact in a Sequence, that Sequence will immediately execute the first step. Contacts will be unenrolled from Sequences when any one of the following occurs:
- The contact replies to one of the emails in your Sequence (note: the Sequences tool detects automated out-of-office replies from Gmail or Outlook and they will not cause unenrollment).
- The contact sends an email to you, not as part of the Sequence, from the email address that was enrolled.
- The contact sends an email to you from an alias of the email address enrolled in the Sequence. This activity will not appear on the contact's timeline.
- The contact sets up a meeting with you using the Meetings tool.
- The contact is manually unenrolled. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- The contact's email address bounced, likely due to an incorrect email address.
Please be aware that deleting a Sequence will not unenroll active contacts from the Sequence. If you'd like to prevent any further steps in a Sequence from executing for a contact, contacts will need to be manually unenrolled. You can do this in one of three ways:
From the contact record
- Navigate to your HubSpot CRM > Contacts.
- Search for the contact you want to unenroll.
- On that contact's record, click Unenroll next to the Enrolled in Sequence alert beneath the contact photo.
From the Sequence page
- Navigate to Sales Tools > Sequences.
- Click the name of the Sequence from which you'd like to unenroll your contact.
- Click the Actions dropdown to the right of the contact you'd like to unenroll, then select Unenroll.
From the Gmail Sidebar
- Within Gmail, compose a new email.
- In the To (recipient) field, enter the email address of the contact you'd like to unenroll.
- If you have Contact Profiles in Gmail enabled, you should see the HubSpot Sales Sidebar appear.
- If your contact is currently enrolled in a Sequence, you'll see a box that says Enrolled in sequence. Click the Unenroll link to remove the contact from the Sequence.