Sales reps often spend much of their day doing CRM administration, such as creating contacts and companies, logging tasks to follow up on, and creating opportunities. To streamline some of these administrative processes, you can use a workflow to automate the process of creating a new deal in HubSpot.
Creating a deal is a workflow action available for Sales Professional or Marketing Enterprise subscriptions only. To learn more about workflow actions, check out this article.To use workflows to create deals:
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows and click New workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- In HubSpot Sales, navigate to Sales tools > Workflows and click New workflow (or click Actions > Edit to edit an existing workflow).
- Name your workflow, select Standard as the workflow type, and click Create a new workflow.
- Set your enrollment triggers and click Save.
- Click the plus icon below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- In the menu that appears, select Create a deal from Sales actions.
- Set the details of the deal by adding the name, owner, pipeline, deal stage, close date, and amount.
- Click Save.
- Add any other actions or delays as necessary.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, toggle the Workflow is ON/OFF switch in the upper-righthand corner.
- In the pop-up that appears, review your workflow settings, then click Turn workflow on to activate your workflow.