Sales reps often spend much of their day doing CRM administration, such as creating contacts and companies, logging tasks to follow up on, and creating opportunities. To streamline some of these administrative processes, you can use a workflow to automate the process of creating a new deal in HubSpot.
Please note: creating a deal is a workflow action available for Sales Professional or Marketing Enterprise subscriptions only. To learn more about workflow actions, check out this article.
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Enterprise account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click Create workflow at the upper right, or click the name of your existing workflow.
- Name your workflow, select Start from scratch as the workflow type, and click Create workflow.
- Set your enrollment triggers and click Save.
- Click the plus (+) icon below the starting condition you created to add an action.
- In the menu that appears, select Create a deal from Sales actions.
- Set the details of the deal by adding the name, owner, pipeline, deal stage, close date, and amount. You can use the Contact's existing dropdown to assign the deal to a custom owner property if you wish.
- You can also click Set another deal property to set other default or custom deal properties you'd like to include in the new deal, or Copy a contact property to a deal property to copy a contact property into a deal property upon creation of the deal.
- Click Save at the bottom left.
Please note: the source and target properties must be the same type in order to be copied. Incompatible properties will not appear as options in the target property in your workflow action. Learn more about this in this article.
- Add any other actions or delays as necessary.
- When you're ready to take your workflow live, click Review.
- In the next screen, review your workflow settings, then click Activate to turn on your workflow.