Use a workflow to automate the process of creating a new deal in HubSpot. This may help reduce administrative processes performed by sales representatives.
Please note: only users who purchased Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise before November 1, 2017 will have access to the Sales Hub Professional workflow actions, including the Create a deal action. Users who purchased Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise after November 1, 2017 will also need to purchase Sales Hub Professional to gain access to the Create a deal action. To learn more about workflow actions, check out this article.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Click the name of your existing workflow, or create a new contact-based, company-based, deal-based, ticket-based, or quote-based workflow.
- Click the plus (+) icon to add an action.
- In the right panel, select Create a deal. This will lead you to the action details.
- To assign the object's existing owner as the deal's owner:
- In a contact-based workflow, click the Assign deal to dropdown, select Contact's existing owner. Click the Which owner? dropdown menu to select a user.
- In any other workflow, under Assign to *, select the Object's existing and click the dropdown menu to select a user based on the current object.
- To assign a specific owner:
- In a contact-based workflow, click the Assign deal to dropdown and select Specific user. Click the Which owner? dropdown menu to select the user. You can only assign deals to users with a paid seat.
- In other types of workflows, select Specify a HubSpot owner, and click the dropdown menu to select a specific user. You can only assign deals to users with a paid seat.
- Set the deal name, pipeline, stage, close date and amount.
- To set additional properties for your deal, click Set another deal property.
- To copy a property on the current object to a property on your new deal:
- In a contact-based workflow, click Copy a contact property to a deal property.
- In other types of workflows, click Copy a property to a deal property.
- Click Save at the bottom left.
Please note: the source and target properties must be the same type in order to be copied. Incompatible properties will not appear as options in the target property in your workflow action. Learn more about this in this article.This will add the Create a deal action to your workflow. Once the workflow is reviewed and turned on, for every object that passes through the action, a deal will be created.