With the Stripe integration, bill your customers directly from their quote, and send all payments to your integrated Stripe account.
Connect your Stripe account
Before connecting Stripe to HubSpot, make sure that you’ve activated your Stripe account. Your account must be activated before HubSpot can create payments for customers on your behalf.
To connect HubSpot to your Stripe account:
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Visit App Marketplace.
- Use the search bar to search for Stripe, then select Stripe from the dropdown menu.
- Click Connect app, then enter the required information for Stripe in the pop-up window. You can also click Sign in in the upper right if you already have a Stripe account.
- Click Authorize access to this account to finish integrating your account with HubSpot.
Send quote payments to connected Stripe account
Once your account is connected, use the integration to create payments for your customers on your quotes.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Quotes.
- Click Create quote.
- To associate the quote with a deal, click the Associate with a deal dropdown menu and select an existing deal, or click Create a new deal.
- Continue to set up your quote. On the Signature & Payment screen, click to toggle the Use a connected Stripe account switch on.
Once this option is enabled, customers will be able to make a payment by clicking Purchase at the top or bottom of their quote.
When they click Purchase, a new window will appear for customers to enter their information and complete their purchase. When the purchase is complete, the payment will go directly to your integrated Stripe account.
Upon successful payment, HubSpot will create a new customer in Stripe. HubSpot will sync the following properties to the newly created customer in Stripe:
- Email address
- Company name (if the company name is not available, HubSpot will sync across the contact's first name and last name instead)
Collect recurring payments in Stripe
You can have a mix of fixed and recurring payment types for each line item included in your quote. However, if your quote includes line items with recurring payment types, the payment frequency must be the same for all line items in order to collect recurring payments with the Stripe integration. This means you cannot have a mix of monthly or annual recurring payments on single quote. Contract length is not currently supported with the integration.
Customers will be charged on the day they click Purchase. That day will be their billing date moving forward. If your quote has an expiration date, customers won't be able to click Purchase after the quote has expired. Subscriptions created in Stripe for recurring payments will recur indefinitely and need to be manually cancelled in Stripe if the customer opts out.