Navigate to your deal settings
In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
In the left sidebar menu, select Sales > Deals.
Edit or create a new pipeline
Scroll down to the Deal Pipelines and Stages section. Here you'll be able to view and edit the structure of your current pipelines or create a new pipeline.
Please note: only Sales Professional users can create multiple pipelines. If you are not integrated with Salesforce, it is possible to create up to 20 deal pipelines as a Sales Professional user. Read more here.
To edit the stages in one of your existing pipelines, click Edit to the right of the stage or click +Add another pipeline to create a new pipeline.
Set up your deal stages
Using deal stages, you can categorize and track the progress of the deals that you're working on in HubSpot. Each deal stage has a probability associated that indicates the likelihood of closing deals marked with that deal stage.
By default, HubSpot includes a sales pipeline with seven deal stages:
- Appointment scheduled (20%)
- Qualified to buy (40%)
- Presentation scheduled (60%)
- Decision maker bought-in (80%)
- Contract sent (90%)
- Closed won (100% Won)
- Closed lost (0% Lost)
To customize your deal stages:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate back to your deal settings (Sales > Deals in the left sidebar menu of your account settings).
- Scroll down to the Deal Pipelines and Stages section.
- Click Edit to the right of the pipeline for which you'd like to customize the stages.
- Here you can make edits to your pipeline's stages:
- Click to the left of a stage and drag to change the order of stages in your pipeline.
- Change the name of any stage by clicking the Stage name field.
- Click Delete to delete a stage.
- Use the Win probability dropdown menu to change the percent of closing a deal at that stage.
- Edit properties that are presented to users when a deal is moved to this stage.
- Create a new deal stage by clicking Add a deal stage and set the stage name and win probability. Any newly created deal stages will appear in the deals view for all users in your account.
If you are deleting a deal stage that contains at least one deal, you will be prompted to move these existing deals to another stage.
Sales Professional users can also automate tasks on deal stages when editing or creating a sales pipeline. Learn more here.
Save your pipeline
Once you've set up your deal stages and added any required properties for moving between stages, click Save in the bottom-left corner to save your pipeline.
Your pipeline will now appear in the Pipeline dropdown menu on your deals dashboard.