Enabling or disabling collected formsAt any time, you can turn your collected forms tool on or off right from your HubSpot account.
- In your HubSpot account, click your photo or avatar in the top right-hand corner, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Marketing > Collected Forms.
- Click the toggle to the right of Collect data from website forms to enable or disable collected forms.
Once enabled, the tool will automatically start collecting submissions on your website as soon as submissions occur.
The collected forms tool is able to identify your website's external forms based on the
<form> tag in the HTML code. As soon as a visitor submits a form, HubSpot stores the submission information in a cookie on the visitor's browser. This cookie is called li_formsub. The form submission data stored in this cookie is then pushed back into HubSpot to either create a new contact or update any existing contact record with the same email address.
HubSpot will try to map form fields to the following default properties: Email, First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number. Other fields included on your forms will be created as new HubSpot properties in order to store those values.
Please note: an email address is required to create a contact, so your collected form must have an Email field in order for HubSpot to record form submissions.
When disabled, submissions will no longer be collected on your non-HubSpot forms; however, all your lead flows and HubSpot forms (Marketing Hub only) will continue to generate submissions, as these are separate tools.
Seeing information for a collected form
- URL of the most recent page where a submission was collected for this form
- Date a submission was first collected on this form
- The CSS selector for this form. The tool uniquely identifies each form based on the CSS selector of the form itself. By default, the form will be named by its CSS selector, but you can rename the form and find the original selector here.
To learn more about how this works, check out this article.
Forms that work with the collected forms tool
Some common reasons why the tool would not be able to capture submissions on forms:
- Form is not enclosed in
- Form is contained inside an
- Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
- Form contains a sensitive field, such as credit card number.
Supported form builders/plugins
While HubSpot can collect submissions on most forms, there are some which cannot be used due to the reasons above. The list below shows forms that are currently supported and unsupported. If you do not see your form builder/plugin here, reach out to us and we can confirm if it will or will not work with collected forms.