Use the QuickBooks integration with Hubspot to create invoices directly from the deal record in HubSpot, view invoice information and see payment events on the deal timeline.
Install the integration
- Navigate to the link you have been provided with for the QuickBooks Online integration.
- Select the HubSpot account to connect the integration with.
- Click Connect App, and log in using your QuickBooks Online details.
Please note: you must have access to your QuickBooks Online account credentials to install this integration. If you are unsure of your login credentials, you will need to reach out to your QuickBooks admin.
- Once the integration is successfully connected it will be listed in your Connected Apps section.
- You can connect multiple accounts by navigating to the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Select QuickBooks Online, and click Connect QuickBooks account in the upper right. You can also disconnect your account by selecting Disconnect.
Please note: only data created in HubSpot will be visible in your HubSpot account.
Using the integration
Create and manage invoices
Use the QuickBooks Online integration to create invoices from your deal record, view invoice information and status, and see payment events on the deal record timeline.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Sales > Deals.
- Click the name a deal record.
- In the right panel, in the Invoices section, click Create Invoice.
- Select an existing customer from QuickBooks or create a new QuickBooks customer, then click Next.
- Click Add products from QuickBooks to select existing products from QuickBooks to add to your invoice. Once you have added your products, click Next.
- Select the Payment terms, Invoice create date and Invoice due date for your invoice.
- In the Write a message to your customer section, write the text that will appear on your customer’s invoice, then click Next.
- Review your invoice details. Click Previous to go back and edit your invoice details.
- To create your invoice in QuickBooks, click Create in QuickBooks.
- Click Copy to copy the invoice link to send to your team for review. Click Done.
- The invoices associated with the deal are listed in the Invoices section on the deal record.
Trigger workflows and create custom reports
When the QuickBooks integration is installed, you can create workflows using the new invoice deal properties listed below. For example, create a workflow that sends a follow-up email to customers who have not paid their invoice by their due date. Or, build a workflow that sends a Slack message to your team each time you collect a payment.
New deal properties include:
- Invoice amount billed
- Invoice recipient
- Invoice number
- Invoice status
- Invoice due date
Use the new invoice deal properties to create custom reports so you have full visibility into the income your team is generating for the business.