Create a knowledge base of articles for your customers.
Create and edit knowledge base articles
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Knowledge Base.
- In the upper right, click Create article.
- Add a title and subtitle to the article.
- Write the body of your article. Use the toolbar at the top of the editor to edit the text style, format your content, or add links, images and emojis.
- Click the Insert drop down menu, then click to add the below to your article:
- Embed: add external media to your article using the embed code or file URL.
- Video: add a HubSpot video or external video to your article.
- Table: add a table to your article
- Call out: add callouts to draw the reader’s attention to important information in your article.
- Anchor: add anchor links to your article.
Edit knowledge base article settings
- Click the Settings tab.
- Edit your article URL if needed. To make changes to your knowledge base domain, learn more about customizing your knowledge base.
- Click the Category dropdown menu and select an existing category or click Create new to create a new one. This will determine where your article appears when visitors are browsing your knowledge base.
- To add a subcategory, click the Subcategory dropdown menu to select an existing subcategory or click Create new to create a new one. Learn more about organizing your knowledge base categories.
- To add an existing tag, click the drop down and select a tag. Or, type the name of your new tag and click + Add tag.
- By default, your article will be set to Public access, which means the article is visible to everyone. You can select Private - registration required to give a specific list of contacts access to this article. The contacts will need to register and sign in with their own email and password to access this article.
- In the upper right, click Publish to take your article live.