The Collected Forms tool collects submissions on your website's existing forms, making it possible to consolidate all your leads into your contacts database regardless of which form your visitors submit on your website.
To manage your collected forms:
- If you are Marketing Free or Starter user, navigate to Collected Forms.
- If you are a HubSpot Sales user, click the Sales dropdown in the upper-left to switch to Marketing > then navigate to Collected Forms. If you do not have this option, you can enable Collected Forms by navigating to Account Menu > Settings. Select Products & Add-ons in the left sidebar, then activate Marketing Free.
- If you are a Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise customer, navigate to Contacts > Collected Forms. Please note that this feature is currently in beta for Marketing users.
How do I enable or disable collected forms?Within Collected Forms, toggle the on/off switch in the top-right to enable or disable the collection of submissions.
Once enabled, the tool will automatically start collecting submissions on your website as soon as submissions occur. HubSpot will try to map form fields to the following default properties: Email, First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number. Other fields included on your forms will be created as new HubSpot properties in order to store those values.
When disabled, submissions will no longer be collected on your non-HubSpot forms; however all your lead flows and HubSpot Forms (Basic, Professional, and Enterprise) will continue to generate submissions, as these are separate tools
What information can I see for a collected form?
Click on one of your collected forms to see more information. The sidebar that appears will display the following:
- URL of the most recent page where a submission was collected for this form
- Date a submission was first collected on this form
- The CSS selector for this form. The tool uniquely identifies each form based on the CSS selector of the form itself. By default. the form will be named by its CSS selector, but you can rename the form and find the original selector here.
To learn a little more about how this works, check out this article.
What kind of forms work with the Collected Forms tool?
Provided your form is a static HTML form, wrapped in a HTML
<form> tag and not contained inside an
<iframe>, HubSpot should be able to capture the submissions.
Some common reasons why the tool would not be able to capture submissions on forms:
- Form not enclosed in
- Form contained inside an
- Form was introduced after the page completed loading. The tool scans the page as soon as it loads and listens to submissions on forms that were present at that point.
- Form contained a sensitive field, such as credit card number.
Which form builders/plugins can I use?
While HubSpot can collect submissions on most forms, there are some which cannot be used due to the reasons above. Of those that we've tested, below are a list of those that are supported and those that are unsupported. If you do not see your form builder/plugin here, reach out to us and we can confirm if it will or will not work with Collected Forms.