The information below covers issues with the Outlook desktop add-in pertaining to installing, updating, tracking and notifications, and obtaining debug logs:
- Troubleshoot installation issues
- Update the add-in
- Update Outlook
- Tracking & notifications issues
- Login or loading issues
- Debug logs
Please note: if you're using the Office 365 add-in, check out this article instead.
- 'An error occurred attempting to install HubSpot Sales in Outlook'
- 'Microsoft Office solution cannot be installed due to a general installer error'
- 'Customized functionality in this application will not work...'
- 'Value does not fall within the expected range'
- 'Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed'
- 'Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor.'
- 'Process cannot access file because it is being used by another process'
- What can I do if Outlook is crashing with HubSpot Sales installed?
- What should I do if I no longer see HubSpot in my Outlook inbox?
- HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in error: 'The value of the property 'type' cannot be parsed'
If you're not seeing the add-in in Outlook, learn more about how to enable HubSpot Sales in Outlook in your inbox.
- In your Outlook inbox, click HubSpot Sales in the ribbon, then select Settings.
- In the dialog box, check your Plugin Version.
- If the version number is 2.0.3 or above, your version of the HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in supports automatic updates. To update the add-in, close and re-open Outlook.
- If the version number is 188.8.131.52 or below, your version of the HubSpot Sales Outlook add-in does not support automatic updates. To update the add-in, uninstall the add-in and install the updated version.
Ensure that your Outlook is updated and is the Click-to-run version. The Click-to-run version of Outlook is compatible with the add-in, while the Outlook installed from the Microsoft Store is not. Learn how to check the version of Outlook you are using and update your Outlook.
Emails are not tracking
After sending a test email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you may receive a response that your email was not tracked:
- Ensure that HubSpot Sales for Windows is installed.
- Once the tray app is installed, if the app is not enabled, the HubSpot icon will be grayed out:
- In the tray menu in the bottom right corner of your device, right-click the HubSpot sprocket icon sprocket.
- Select Enable Notifications.
- Before sending your email, ensure that the Track email box is selected.
<img src=3D"http://t.sidekickopen69.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B=9gXrN7sKj6v5 dlMTVfn3cs3M2y_-W2B89RP1pctGFW8mdf1T1k1H6H0?si=3D56803726671216=64&pi=3D01cd79e8 c6c3-455d-d1aa-5175f2b770de&ti=3Dundefined" style=3D"display:none!important" height=3D"1" width=3D"1">
- Emails sent in Plain Text mode cannot be tracked. If you see that emails are sent in plain text, switch to HTML mode:
- Compose a new email in Outlook.
- Under the Message Options tab in the Format group, click HTML or Rich Text.
- Try uninstalling, then re-installing the add-in.
After taking these steps, send another test tracked email to email@example.com to receive a notification.
Notifications are not appearing
- Real-time notifications are sent through the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app. If you are sending tracked emails using the Outlook desktop add-in and are not receiving real-time HubSpot Sales notifications, make sure your Chrome browser is running in the background or that you have the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app enabled.
- If you have the Windows tray app installed as well as the Chrome extension, the tray app will not display notifications. HubSpot Sales will rely on the Chrome extension to do this instead.
- Ensure that you are logged into the correct HubSpot Sales account when sending tracked emails using the desktop add-in. Learn how to change which account your email extension is connected to.
Please note: real-time notifications are not available if you are using the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in. Instead, you'll only see activity in your HubSpot activity feed under Contacts > Activity Feed.
Login or loading issues
When you are unable to log into the add-in, or the add-in does not load correctly, it may relate to your Internet Explorer settings.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon at the top right of the browser window, then select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box:
- Click the Security tab.
- Select the Trusted Sites icon.
- Click Sites.
- Add each of the following site URLs to the Add this website to the zone field, one at a time. Click Add after entering each one:
- Once you've added all three URLs, click Close.
- In the Security level for this zone section, set the security setting to Low.
- Next, click the Privacy tab.
- Click Advanced.
- Select the Accept radio button for both First-party and Third-party cookies (if the options are grayed out, select the Override automatic cookie handling checkbox).
- Select the Always allow session cookies checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Open Outlook to see if the issue is resolved.
If this does not resolve the issue, check out this article to reset Internet Explorer settings. This will return your Internet Explorer setting back to the default state and may help resolve the login or loading issues you experienced.
When you're working with HubSpot Support to troubleshoot the desktop add-in, you may be asked to provide debug logs. When you have the extension installed in Outlook, it will store information in report logs on your computer. These logs are saved each day the extension is used, and your file names refer to the usage date. If your extension isn't functioning as expected, these logs help the support team take a deeper look into what's happening with the add-in on your computer.
There are two ways to gather debug logs: from your PC's Start menu and from your Outlook account.
Access my debug logs from your PC's Start menu
- Copy and paste %appdata%\Sidekick\Logs into your Start menu in Windows, then press Enter.
- A window will open with your debug logs. Add these logs as attachments to your support ticket.
Access debug logs from your Outlook account
- In Outlook, click HubSpot Sales in the inbox ribbon and select Settings.
- In the dialog box, navigate to Help > Send Logs.
- This will open an email composition window with a HubSpot Outlook distro email in the To field. Replace this with the email address of the Support specialist you're working with and click Send.