Your sources report helps you measure the success of your marketing campaigns over time and find areas for further optimization. It shows you where your traffic is coming from as well as the original source of your leads and customers. As you increase your social media presence on social sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, you will be able to see measure your impact in the sources report.
Learn how to track which social media channels are generating the most traffic:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Reports > Analytics Tools.
- Select Traffic Analytics.
- Under the Sources tab, use the Date range: and Frequency: dropdown menus at the top to filter your report by a specific time period and frequency, such as daily, weekly, or monthly. You can also use the All domains dropdown menu to filter by a specific domain instead of all your domains.
- Below the graph, you will see a chart displaying the different sources that your traffic is coming from. Click on Social media to view the different social media sites that are bringing traffic to your site.
- By selecting a specific social site, you can see how your campaigns are performing. You can then see the breakdown of all of your campaigns and how they are performing individually. This gives you the ability to track which one of the campaigns on social media is driving the best visitors, leads, and customers to your site.
- Create a plan based on your observations. If you see that a particular social media site is sending you quality traffic and leads, you should focus your attention on participating more on that site.
- Look at individual campaigns and see what you are doing right.
- Ask yourself what it is about that site or your actions on it that could be responsible for your success there.
- If you can, replicate what you are doing there on other social media sites.
- Make sure that visits from social media are being bucketed correctly. When posting content to social media, learn more about the correct setup to ensure that visits are bucketed correctly in your sources report.