The auto-add capability of the HubSpot/Salesforce sync enables Salesforce to create contacts in HubSpot when they are created or updated in Salesforce. Even without this feature turned on, records that originated in HubSpot will still continue to sync data to and from Salesforce.
To enable this feature:
- In HubSpot, navigate to Account Menu > Integrations.
- Under the Salesforce section, click Settings.
- Scroll down to the Creating Contacts in HubSpot section.
- Select the appropriate option for your Salesforce Leads and Salesforce Contacts:
- If you choose If eligible to sync, create a contact when a Salesforce lead/contact is created, your leads and contacts created in Salesforce will need to have a unique, valid email address upon creation in order to sync to HubSpot.
- If you choose If eligible to sync, create a contact when a Salesforce lead/contact is created or an existing lead/contact is updated, a contact will be created in HubSpot when a Salesforce lead or contact is created with a unique, valid email address or when a unique, valid email address is added to an existing lead or contact in Salesforce.