With tickets, you can organize all of your customer inquiries in one place and help you track trends over time. Learn how to create new tickets, view and manage tickets, and analyze tickets with your reporting tools.
You can create an individual ticket from your dashboard, a contact record, or your conversations inbox. You can also automate the process using your other HubSpot tools.
- Create a new ticket from the tickets dashboard
- Create a or associate a ticket from the contact record
- Create a ticket from your conversations inbox
- Create tickets with a workflow
- Create tickets using the support form in your tickets settings
- In your HubSpot Service Hub Professional account, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Create ticket.
- Enter the ticket details in the panel on the right. If you want to customize which properties appear here, click customize the properties at the bottom of the panel. The following fields are required by default:
You can associate an existing ticket with a specific contact, or create a new ticket directly from the contact record or the contacts dashboard.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Hover over a specific contact and click Preview to see more details in the right sidebar pane, or click Edit to open the full contact details. You can either associate an existing ticket or create a new ticket.
- To associate an existing ticket with this contact:
- Click Add ticket to search for an existing support ticket to associate with this contact.
- Use the search bar to look up the existing ticket name, then click the checkbox on the left of your search results to associate that ticket with this contact. If you cannot find the ticket you're looking for, you can click Create a ticket to create a new ticket.
- Click Done to save your changes.
- To create a new ticket:
- Click Create ticket.
- Enter the ticket details into the sidebar.
- Click Create to create a new ticket and associate it with this contact.
connecting your team inbox, you can create a rule to automatically create a new ticket each time an incoming email is received. You can also create a new ticket directly from a contact record in the right sidebar of your conversations inbox.
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar. Then in the left sidebar menu click Services > Tickets.
- Click to toggle the Enable support form on your website switch on to automatically enable a support form on your website. Each submission on this form will create a new ticket associated with an existing contact record or a new contact if their email is unknown.
- To add this support form to an external website, Copy the embed code to share with your developer.
Your tickets dashboard lets you manage all your tickets in one place. You can switch between two default dashboard views using the tabs in the top left.
The Table view lets you see a detailed list of your tickets and ticket properties. To customize which properties appear in this table view, click the Customize dropdown menu and select Edit columns. Click the checkbox next to any property on the left to add it to your dashboard. To remove a property, click the X next to it in the Selected column.
The Board view organizes your tickets by status. You can drag and drop tickets to move them to a new ticket status.
You can also customize your dashboard views using the left sidebar:
- Use the Pipeline dropdown in the left sidebar to select a different ticket pipeline.
- Click + Add filter to create saved filters of your tickets base on specific ticket property values.
- Click All saved filters to select one of your existing saved views.
View ticket details
Hover over a ticket and click Preview to open your ticket details in the right sidebar. You can see your ticket properties at the top and any associated contacts, companies, deals or attachments here as well.
Click View profile to open this ticket record. You can also click on the name of a specific ticket in the dashboard to open up its details.
On the ticket record you'll see the following details:
- The ticket name, how long it's been open, and its current status in the pipeline. You can use the Status dropdown to move the ticket into a different status in your pipeline.
- The Actions button gives you options to delete ticket, or adjust your notifications.
The About this ticket section contains all your ticket properties and property history. To adjust the properties that appear here:
- Click View all properties, then click Set default properties.
- Use the checkboxes to customize the properties you want to see on the record.
- Once you've made your selections click Save, then click Back to ticket record in the upper-left.
On the right-hand side is an interaction box where you can create notes, send CRM emails, schedule calls, tasks, meetings, or log another activity. Any information related to these engagements will appear below on the timeline. You can use the tabs across the timeline to filter your timeline view for specific types of engagements.
Finally, you can associate your ticket with other records in your CRM to keep relevant details within reach:
- Click Add a company or Add a contact to associate this ticket with an existing record.
- Click Add deal to associate this ticket with an existing deal or click Create deal to create a new deal to associate with this ticket.
You can view your ticket performance at a glance in your service dashboard, as well as add other pre-built ticket reports to the dashboard. Use this reporting tool to analyze tickets by source, tickets closed by owner, and ticket volume over time.