By default, contacts can be enrolled in more than one workflow at a time. In this case, you could use a suppression list of contacts enrolled in a specific workflow to unenroll contacts from that workflow before they complete any actions.
You can also set a workflow to automatically remove contacts from other workflows in which they are already active upon enrollment.To do so:
- Navigate to workflows:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Professional or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Workflows.
- In your HubSpot Sales Professional account, navigate to Sales Tools > Workflows.
- Click the name of the workflow you'd like to edit.
- Click the Settings tab, then click Unenrollment and suppression in the left sidebar menu.
- Choose from the following options under When contacts enroll in this workflow:
- Choose Remove them from all other workflows if you want contacts to be removed from all other workflows when they are enrolled in this one.
- Choose Remove them from specific workflows if you want contacts to be removed only from certain workflows upon enrollment in this workflow. Click the dropdown to choose the other workflows from which you'd like contacts to be removed.
- Click Save at the bottom left.
Please note: this setting only removes contacts from workflows in which they are already active; it does not prevent contacts from being enrolled in other workflows going forward.
To learn more about workflow settings, check out the user guide article.