The marketing and sales dashboards
Your marketing and sales dashboards give you an overview of your current processes and productivity. If you're using HubSpot's free marketing tools, you'll have a marketing dashboard. Users of HubSpot's free sales tools and Sales Starter users will have access to the sales dashboard, while Sales Professional users have access to an additional Sales Professional dashboard.
Use the dropdown menus at the top to filter your dashboard. You can filter by date range on your marketing dashboard and by date range, owners, teams, and deal pipelines on your sales dashboard.
Contacts, companies, and dealsContacts, companies, and deals are the three core object records in your HubSpot account. Each of these object types can be associated with one another and has a unique set of customizable properties. When adding data to the CRM, you'll store it on the object that's most specifically associated with the action or information.
The contacts database is at the heart of the CRM. In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts. Switch between saved filters by clicking All saved filters in the top-left. Customize which columns appear in the table by clicking the Customize dropdown menu and selecting Edit columns.
Click Preview next to a contact's name to get a quick view of their information or click the contact's name to view their record. You'll learn how to create contacts and create saved filters later in this guide.
Using companies, you can group your contacts together contextually and store information about their associated organization. In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Companies. Similarly to contacts, you'll be presented with a table view of the companies in your database, which can be customized to display different company properties or filtered to restrict which companies appear.
From here, you can click Preview next to a company's name to get a quick glance at their information or click the name to view the more detailed company record.
By default, HubSpot will automatically associate companies and contacts based on email domain and company domain name. Associated contacts will appear on the associated company's record and vice versa. This setting can be disabled in Settings under the Companies section after clicking Contacts & Companies. You can also manually associate companies and contacts. When you associate a contact with a company, that contact's engagements (emails, meetings, and logged activities) will carry over to the associated company's timeline.
With deals, you can create custom pipelines and
- Table: this shows a list of your deals. You can customize which deal properties are displayed as columns in the table.
- Board: this shows your deals in columns based on their deal stage and gives you a visual representation of your pipeline. You'll see the number of individual deals as well as the total amount in each stage of the pipeline. Drag and drop deals to move them to a new stage.
You can manually associate contacts and companies with deals. All emails, calls, notes, tasks, scheduled meetings, and logged activities on the associated contact and company records will appear on the deal timeline. For more information, check out this article.
Tasks keep you on top of your sales process. Your task dashboard shows you a list of upcoming tasks. You can filter your tasks based on owner, due date, status, or description. To create a new task using your free sales tools, click Create a task or click on the name of an existing task to edit the details or associate it with a contact, company, or deal.
You have two view options on the tasks dashboard:
- Table: this shows a list of your tasks. Check the box next to a task to complete it or click the name of the task to edit it.
- Board: this shows your tasks in columns based on their status and gives you a visual representation of your tasks. Dag and drop tasks to move them to a new status.
Learn more about creating tasks here.
Your CRM account includes a suite of sales tools under Sales Tools in the free sales tools main navigation menu. These tools streamline your sales process without sacrificing personalization and inbound outreach. You'll learn more about your sales tools in a later section of this guide.
The following sections will appear in the left sidebar menu:
- Account Defaults: Customize your HubSpot CRM account's name, language, date and number format, time zone, and currency. You can also choose to enable or disable lead revisit notifications.
- Contacts & Companies: Edit the properties specific to your contact and company records and set default properties which appear in the About section of company records. Additionally, you can toggle on/off the following settings:
- Import & Export: View an audit of your exported contacts, companies, and deals. Learn more about importing here.
- Integrations: Connect your inbox and install the sales extension or one of the sales add-ins under Email Integrations. Browse other software platforms that integrate with HubSpot under Browse Integrations.
- Marketing: Control settings for your Facebook ads, collected forms, domains, and email service provider.
- Properties: Create, delete, and edit properties for your contact, company, and deal records.
- Reports & Analytics Tracking: Access the HubSpot tracking code and customize your tracking options.
- Sales: Customize settings for your sales tools and BCC and forwarding addresses. Under Sales > Deals, edit the properties specific to the deals object in the CRM and set default properties which appear in the About section of deal records. Choose whether or not you'd like the creation or closing of a deal to change the lifecycle stage of associated contacts and companies. This is also where you can set up your deal pipelines and stages.
- Users & Teams: Add, edit, and remove users. Learn more here.