Create a task
There are a couple ways to create tasks in HubSpot:
You can also check out this article for additional information about creating tasks on both desktop and mobile. To learn more about automating tasks on deal stages if you're a Sales Professional user, check out this article.
From a contact, company, or deal record
In the activity box above the timeline, click Create task. Here you can set up the following:
- Task name: enter the task's name in the Enter your task field.
- Task details: add the basic task information in the Notes... field.
- Due Date: select a due date from the Due Date dropdown menu. You can also click Add a time to specify a time for the task to be due.
- Task type: from the Type dropdown menu, you can choose Call, Email, or To-do. Please note that at this time, customizing a task type is not possible.
- Assigned to: select a user responsible for the task from the Assigned to dropdown menu.
- Email reminder: from the dropdown menus below Email reminder, specify a date and time for a reminder email to be sent to the task owner.
- Queue: use the dropdown menu below Queue to add the task to an existing task queue or to create a new task queue. Choose None if you don't wish to add this task to a task queue.
- Associated records: from the Associated records section, the contact, company, or deal record you're creating the task from will automatically be associated with the task. From the remaining two record types, you can specify which records you'd like to be associated with the task.
Once you've added the details of your task, click Save Task.
From your tasks dashboard
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Tasks in the main navigation bar.
- Click Create a task.
- Enter a task name in the Title field and adjust the due date from the Due Date menu as needed. Click Add a time to specify a time on the due date that the task needs to be completed by.
- Click Add task or click Add and edit to add the task and then continue to edit details.
Once you click Add and edit, a dialog box will appear immediately (if you clicked Add instead of Add and edit, then you can click on your task's name from your task list to bring up the dialog box). In this dialog box, you can add/edit the following:
- Task name: click on the name of your task at the top of the box to type a new name. Then click Save.
- Associated records: add a contact, company, and deal record to associate with the task in the Associated records section.
- Due Date: from the dropdown menus below Due Date, select a date and time for the task to be completed.
- Email reminder: from the dropdown menus below Email reminder, select a date and time for a reminder email to be sent to the task owner.
- Notes: add details about your task in the Notes field. Click Save to save any changes you make to specific notes.
- Type: select a task type from the Type dropdown menu. You can select Call, Email, or To-do. Please note that at this time, customizing a task type is not possible.
- Queue: use the dropdown menu below Queue to add the task to an existing task queue, or to create a new task queue. You can also choose None if you don't wish to add this task to a task queue.
- Assigned to: select a user to assign the task to from the Assigned to dropdown menu.
To save your changes, click Save.
Complete your tasks
Once you've created your task, it will appear on the timeline of any associated records. Locate the task on the timeline, then choose Actions > Edit to make changes if necessary.
Your task will also appear on the tasks dashboard. Using the dropdown menus as the top, you can filter your tasks by the owner/user, type, and due date. You can also search for a specific task or use the left sidebar menu to quickly go to tasks that are open, due today, due this week, overdue, or completed.
Under Queues in the left sidebar menu, you can select a task queue to pull up tasks in that specific queue.
Once you've taken care of a task, click the circular checkbox to the left to mark it as completed.
Completed tasks will be reflected in the Productivity widget of your sales dashboard.
Create task queues
Create different task queues so you can organize your to-do lists and finish them quickly. By creating task queues, you can organize similar tasks in one place and go through tasks in a series. To create a task queue, click Add a queue and give your queue a name.
Next, assign tasks to your queue. You can click on the queue in the left sidebar menu from the tasks dashboard and start the queue to automatically cycle through each task that needs completion. Click here to learn more about task queues.