Use HubSpot and Zoom webinars
Last updated: September 28, 2023
After connecting the Zoom integration, you can sync webinar registration and attendance details from Zoom to HubSpot and use this information to segment your contacts in HubSpot. You can also add registrants to a Zoom webinar using HubSpot workflows.
The Zoom integration does not support Zoom Events or webinars created as part of a Zoom Event.
Please note: as of March 1, 2022, Zoom will remove email address for users flagged as guests in Zoom unless they meet any of the conditions stated here. As such, webinar participants with no email addresses will not be synced to HubSpot. To ensure that all attendees are synced to HubSpot, turn on webinar registration.
Sync Zoom webinars to HubSpot
After connecting the Zoom integration, configure your HubSpot account's webinar sync settings and choose how contacts are created in HubSpot from the integration.
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Zoom.
- Click the Global settings tab.
- In the Webinars section, click the Sync webinar data toggle on to sync webinar data from Zoom to HubSpot. You can select whether to sync webinar data for none of, all, or selected Zoom users in the HubSpot account.
- In the Exclusions section, add domains to prevent webinars from being synced to HubSpot by users with a specific domain in their email address.
- In the Recording exclusions section, click Enter domain or choose from list.
- In the Contact exclusions section, enter your company's domain name to prevent internal employees from being created as new contacts in HubSpot.
- You can also manage webinar settings for individual users:
- In the Manage Individual User Settings section, click User settings next to the user you want to manage the settings for.
- In the right panel, in the Webinar recording and transcripts section:
- Check the Sync data from newly scheduled webinars by default box to automatically sync any data from a new webinar created by that user.
- Check the Sync this user's webinar recordings and transcripts box to sync recordings and transcripts from all webinars.
- Click Manage individual webinars for this user to manage sync settings for an individual webinar.
- HubSpot’s integration with Zoom only accepts and syncs with three required fields in the Zoom registration link: First name, Last name and Email. If the registration link has any other required fields, the registration will fail.
- Users in the account will not be created as contact records in HubSpot if they register for or attend a Zoom webinar. If they have already been created as a contact record, Zoom activity will not be synced to their contact records.
- The Zoom integration does not create a timeline event for contacts who registered for a webinar using their secondary email address. Only the primary email address is used to create and update contact records.
- The Zoom integration does not automatically recreate a contact record if it was previously deleted.
Segment contacts in HubSpot using Zoom properties
You can filter contact records using the following properties, which are automatically created in your HubSpot account after connecting the Zoom app:
- Average Zoom webinar attendance duration: the average percentage of each webinar that the contact attends. A 100% value for this property, for example, would mean that the contact attended the full duration of each webinar.
- Last registered Zoom webinar: the URL of the webinar the contact most recently registered for. This is populated if the contact was added as a registrant to the Zoom webinar manually or through a HubSpot workflow.
- Total number of Zoom webinar registrations: the total number of webinars the contact has registered for.
- Total number of Zoom webinars attended: the total number of webinars the contact attended.
You can also segment your contacts based on the attributes of a specific Zoom event using the following filters:
- Zoom: Recording Available Event: if you recorded one of your Zoom events, you can choose this filter, then refine by the Event Topic, Event Start Time, or Recording URL.
- Zoom: Webinar Attendance Event: to filter based on attendance, choose this filter to segment your contacts based on the Attendance Duration, Attendance Duration Percent, Webinar id, or Webinar name.
- Zoom: Webinar Registration Event: to filter based on registration, choose this filter to segment your contacts based on the Webinar id, or Webinar Name.
View Zoom webinar registration and attendance details on a contact timeline
Zoom webinar events appear on HubSpot contact record timelines, showing you the webinar date, when a contact joined and left the webinar, and the amount of time the contact was attending the webinar for.
Please note: webinar registrants must use their primary email address. Webinar registrations made with a contact's secondary email address will not be registered in HubSpot or added to a contact's timeline.
Add contacts to a Zoom webinar using a workflow
You can use the Add Contact to Zoom Webinar workflow action to automate webinar registration. If you have separate Zoom accounts connected to multiple business units, this action can only register contacts for webinars that are associated with the Zoom account connected to the primary Account business unit in HubSpot.
Using the action to add contacts to a Zoom webinar that is not associated with the primary Account business unit will result in the contact not being registered for the webinar.
To set up a workflow to automate Zoom webinar registration:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Automation > Workflows.
- Create a new workflow, or hover over an existing workflow and click Edit.
- In the workflows editor, after setting up your enrollment criteria, click the + icon to add an action.
- In the right panel, under Zoom, select the Add Contact to Zoom webinar.
- Enter the Webinar ID without spaces or dashes. If you've set up a contact property that contains the Webinar ID, you can click the Contact Token dropdown menu, then select the corresponding contact property.
The contact will be registered for the webinar using their first name, last name, and email contact properties. Learn more about the Add Contact to a Zoom webinar action.
Please note: you will receive the error Webinar host cannot register for the webinar if you try to enroll the webinar host or connected user into a Zoom webinar using a workflow.