User notifications alert you when various actions or activities occur in your account. You can set up and control the notifications you get from HubSpot.
To set up your HubSpot notifications:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications.
- Make changes to your global notifications, general notification settings, and specific notification settings.
Global notificationsIn Global notifications, click to toggle a channel switch on/off to enable/disable all notifications for that channel.
- Desktop: notifications will be sent to your browser when you're not active in your HubSpot account.
- Email: notifications will be sent to your inbox.
- Floating: notifications will appear on screen when you are signed in and active in your HubSpot account.
- Mobile: notifications will be sent to your mobile device.
- Notification center: notifications will be sent to your in-app notification center. To access your in-app notification center, click the bell icon notification in the main navigation bar.
General notification settingsIn the General settings sections, customize the following:
- To play a sound when you receive a new message, select the Floating notification sound checkbox.
- To display a red dot on the HubSpot icon in your browser tab when you have new unread notifications in your notification center, select the New unread notifications icon in browser tab checkbox. The red dot will disappear once the notification center is opened.
Please note: the notifications icon will appear in the browser tabs of favicon-supported browsers.
Specific notifications settings
To customize your preferences for a specific category of notifications, locate the sections in the Notifications settings and edit the notification type for a specific notification:
- Select/clear a notification type checkbox to turn on/off all notifications for that notification type for a channel.
- Click Advanced preferences to view more specific notifications under the notification type, and select/clear a notification checkbox to turn on/off that notification for a channel.
The following are the notification sections and what they cover generally:
- Website visits: lead revisit notifications and prospect notifications.
- Assign: a contact, company, deal, task, or conversation is assigned to you by another member of your team. This assignment can be based off the default owner property or any custom owner property.
- Comment: a comment is left on a project, a blog post you created in draft mode, or a project task that you own, or addressed to you in a record.
- Custom automation notification: a notification action is triggered in a workflow.
- Export: a file export is complete.
- Follow: activity occurs on a record that you follow.
- General: a notification sent from the HubSpot Academy.
- Import: a file import is complete.
- Mention: a member of your team @mentions you on a record or a blog post in draft mode.
- Overdue: a project you're assigned to or a project task that you own is overdue.
- Reminder: a task is due.
- Reply: someone replies to a conversation you're assigned to in the conversations inbox.
- Share: something is shared with you.
- Status: there is a status change in your account.
- CRM: new duplicate contacts and companies are found.
- Domain: HubSpot SSL is soon to expire.
- Email: there are bulk subscription changes.
- Quote: a quote is deleted.
- Salesforce: a Salesforce user requests access to a record in HubSpot and the HubSpot-Salesforce integration is suspended. Super Admins in HubSpot will have this setting turned on automatically.