Set up user notifications in HubSpot
Last updated: June 21, 2022
|All products and plans|
User notifications alert you when various actions or activities occur in your account. You can set up and control the notifications you receive from HubSpot.
Super admins in Enterprise accounts can set default notification preferences for other users. If default notifications are set up, preferences set by individual users will take precedence over the defaults.
To set up your HubSpot notifications:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications.
- Click the Email, Desktop, Other apps and Mobile app tabs to set the type of notifications you would like to receive.
- To turn on a notification, search for or expand the notification topics and select the notification checkbox. To clear all notifications, select Clear all preferences at the top of the What you get notified about section.
Click to toggle the switch on to receive email notifications to your inbox.
Please note: users will not receive more than 1,000 email notifications, per notification type, per day. When a notification has been sent 1,000 times in the same day, to the same email address, any additional sends will be dropped.
How you get notified
There are three different types of desktop notifications. Click to toggle the switch on or off for each of the following notification types.
- Bell: notifications will appear as a red badge on the bell in your navigation bar. Click on the bell to view your recent notifications.
- Pop-up: notifications will appear on screen when you are logged in and active in your HubSpot account.
- Browser: notifications will be sent to your browser when you're not active in HubSpot, but your HubSpot account is open in another tab or window of the browser. For example, a notification will be triggered if you have two tabs open, one of which is HubSpot, but you're active in the non-HubSpot tab. Click Allow notifications to allow HubSpot to display notifications in your browser.
- If you log in to your HubSpot account in a different browser you'll need to enable notifications in the new browser.
- If you are unable to view notifications in your browser after clicking Allow notifications, you may also need to grant permission for notifications to display in your OS settings.
Sound and Appearance
Select the checkbox to Play a sound when you receive a new pop-up notification or Display a red dot in your browser tab when you have unread bell notifications.
Please note: the notifications icon will appear in the browser tabs of favicon-supported browsers.
Push and in-app notifications will be sent to your mobile device. You can configure your notification preferences within the settings on your mobile app.
Types of notifications
Click on the notification groups to expand further or use the search bar in the top right to find the notification topic you want to edit. The following are the notification sections and what they cover generally:
- Academy: receive a notification when there's an update about your certifications, awards, and exercises.
- Account: receive a notification when a super admin updates your notification preferences.
- Ads: receive a notification when your ad sequence ads are started or paused.
- Blog: receive notifications when there is a new comment on your draft blog post, when a user shares a blog draft with you, when there is a new comment on your blog post and when you receive an @-mention in a comment in a blog post draft.
- Chat and email conversations: receive notifications for chat and email conversations from the conversations inbox. Receive a notification when a conversation is assigned to you, reassigned to you, there is a reply on a conversation and when there is a new unassigned conversation in the inbox. Even if they these notifications are turned on, a user will only receive a notification if they have previously navigated to the inbox. For users on a team with access to the inbox, only primary members of the team will receive the unassigned conversation notifications.
- Contacts and companies: receive notifications when a company or contact is assigned to you, when there is a duplicate record, when you're @-mentioned in a company or contact record.
- Custom objects: receive notifications when a custom object record is assigned to you or when you're @-mentioned on a custom object record.
- Dashboards: receive notifications when a dashboard report email is sent to you, when you're @-mentioned in a note on a dashboard, or when you're assigned permissions to view or edit a dashboard.
- Deals: receive notifications when a deal is assigned to you, when a deal you own or follow moves to a different deal stage, and when you're @-mentioned on a deal record.
Please note: assignment notifications are delayed by five minutes after the time of the assignment. If you're assigned multiple records or tasks around the same time, assignments of the same type are combined into one notification following the delay (e.g., you've been assigned [x] contacts, [x] tasks, etc.).
There are also cases where an assignment notification will not be sent. You will not receive a notification if you:
- manually assign a contact, company, deal or task to yourself.
- set the [Object] owner or custom owner property via a contact import, a bulk edit of records from an object index page, or a sync from Salesforce.
- become the owner of a contact or company record via the ownership sync between contacts and companies.
- become the record owner due to a logged activity on the record, such as an email, call, or meeting.
- were assigned to a HubSpot user property on the record prior to the [Object] Owner assignment (e.g., if a custom property Contact creator exists with the HubSpot user field type and you were already set as the Contact creator before being set as the Contact owner, you won't receive a notification).
- Feedback surveys: receive notifications when there is a new customer loyalty, customer satisfaction or customer support survey submission.
- Form submissions: receive notifications when a visitor or contact submits your form.
- General: receive notifications when you're @-mentioned in a comment, when there's an update to a project, when a record that you own or are following is associated with another record, when there is a new comment on an activity you logged or commented on, or when someone views a document you've sent.
- Marketplace: receive notifications for your Marketplace assets and purchases. Receive notifications when an asset update is available, a refund is requested, a purchase is confirmed, a refund is issued, a refund request is cancelled, or a refund request is denied.
- Quotes: receive notifications for quotes. Receive notification when a countersignature is needed, a quote is paid, a quote is signed by a customer, a quote you countersigned is fully signed, or a quote you own is fully signed.
- System notifications: receive notifications when your export is ready to download, when your import is complete, when your Salesforce integration is paused or there is a sync error, or when a Salesforce user requests access to a record in HubSpot.
- Tasks: receive notifications when you're assigned a task, when a task assigned to you is due or, when you're @-mentioned in a note on a task. You can also opt to receive one email every weekday as a summary of your tasks.
Please note: tasks created via HubSpot's API will not trigger a notification.
- Tickets: receive notifications when you're assigned a ticket, when a ticket you own or follow moves to a different ticket status, or when you're @-mentioned on a ticket record.
- Transcription and Analysis: receive notifications when the transcription from your recording is ready, and when tracked terms are ready for reporting.
- Website visits (Email only): receive notifications when contacts, companies, and prospects visit your website.
- Workflows: receive notifications when a "send notification" action is triggered for your user in a workflow.
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.
View your sales notifications in the activity feed
With the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app, real-time notifications...Knowledge Base
Set up lead revisit notifications
Lead revisit alerts make connecting with leads easier. When a lead returns to your site, HubSpot will notify...Knowledge Base