User notifications alert you when various actions or activities occur in your account. You can set up and control the notifications you get from HubSpot.
To set up your HubSpot notifications:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications.
- Click the Email, Desktop, Other apps and Mobile app tabs to set the type of notifications you would like to receive.
- To turn on a notification, search for or expand the notification topics and select the notification checkbox. To clear all notifications, select Clear all preferences at the top of the What you get notified about section.
Click to toggle the switch on to receive email notifications to your inbox.
How you get notified
There are three different types of desktop notifications. Click to toggle the switch on or off for each of the following notification types.
- Bell: notifications will appear as a red badge on the bell in your navigation bar. Click on the bell to view your recent notifications.
- Pop-up: notifications will appear on screen when you are signed in and active in your HubSpot account.
- Browser: notifications will be sent to your browser when you're logged in to HubSpot, but not active in your HubSpot account.
Click Allow notifications to allow HubSpot to display notifications in your browser.
Please note: if you log in to your HubSpot account in a different browser you'll need to enable notifications in the new browser.
Sound and Appearance
Select the checkbox to Play a sound when you receive a new pop-up notification or Display a red dot in your browser tab when you have unread bell notifications.
Please note: the notifications icon will appear in the browser tabs of favicon-supported browsers.
Push and in-app notifications will be sent to your mobile device. You can configure your notification preferences within the settings on your mobile app.
Types of notifications
Click on the notification groups to expand further or use the search bar in the top right to find the notification topic you want to edit. The following are the notification sections and what they cover generally:
- Academy: receive a notification when there's an update about your certifications, awards, and exercises.
- Blog: receive notifications when there is a new comment on your draft blog post, when a user shares a blog draft with you, when there is a new comment on your blog post and when you receive an @-mention in a comment in a blog post draft.
- Chat and email conversations: receive notifications for chat and email conversations. Receive a notification when a conversation is assigned to you, reassigned to you, there is a reply on a conversation and when there is a new unassigned conversation.
- Contacts and companies: receive notifications when a company or contact is assigned to you, when you're @-mentioned in a company or contact record.
- Dashboards: receive notifications when a dashboard report email is sent to you, when you're @-mentioned in a note on a dashboard, or when you're assigned permissions to view or edit a dashboard.
- Deals: receive notifications when a deal is assigned to you, when a deal you own or follow moves to a different stage, and when you're @-mentioned on a deal record.
- Feedback surveys: receive notifications when there is a new customer loyalty, customer satisfaction or customer support survey submission.
- Form submissions: receive notifications when a visitor or contact submits your form.
- General: receive notifications when you're @-mentioned in a comment, when there's an update to a project, when a record that you own or are following is associated with another record, when there is a new comment on an activity you logged or commented on, or when someone views a document you've sent.
- System notifications: receive notifications when your HubSpot SSL certificate is about to expire, when your export is ready to download, when your import is complete, when there is a duplicate record, when your Salesforce integration is paused or there is a sync error, or when a Salesforce user requests access to a record in HubSpot.
- Tasks: receive notifications when you're assigned a task, when a task assigned to you is due or, when you're @-mentioned in a note on a task.
- Tickets: receive notifications when you're assigned a ticket, when a ticket you own or follow changes status or, when you're @-mentioned on a ticket record.
- Website visits (Email only): receive lead revisit notifications and prospect notifications.
- Workflows: receive notifications when a "send notification" action is triggered for your user in a workflow.