User notifications alert you when various actions or activities occur in your account. You can control where you receive HubSpot notifications on your devices in your Profile & Preferences.
Notification channels and types
There are five channels where you can receive notifications:
- Floating: notifications will appear in the top-right corner of your HubSpot account.
- Desktop: notifications will be sent to your desktop when you're not in the HubSpot app.
- Email: notifications will be sent to your inbox.
- Mobile: notifications will be sent to your mobile device.
- Notification center: notifications will be sent to your in-app notification center.
Enabling notifications for a specific channel will automatically turn on all notifications for that channel, so all notification types will send notifications to that specific channel. You can disable specific notification types for each individual channel in your notification settings. The following notification types can be customized:
- Website visits: lead revisit notifications and prospect notifications.
- Assign: a contact, company, deal, task, or conversation is assigned to you by another member of your team. This assignment can be based off the default owner property or any custom owner property.
- Comment: a comment is left on a project, blog post, or knowledge base article you're working on, or a project task that you own.
- Custom automation notification: a notification action is triggered in a workflow.
- Export: a file export is complete.
- Follow: activity occurs on records that you're following.
- General: a notification sent from the HubSpot Academy.
- Import: a file import is complete.
- Mention: a member of your team @mentions you on a record.
- Overdue: a project you're assigned to or a project task that you own is overdue.
- Reminder: task reminders and calendar and project reminders.
- Reply: a notification is triggered when someone replies to a conversation in the conversations inbox.
- Share: something is shared with you.
- Status: there is a status change in your account. Salesforce-integrated users can set their preferences for when the HubSpot-Salesforce integration is suspended. Super Admins in HubSpot will have this setting turned on automatically. An email notification will be sent to any user who has this setting enabled.
- Submission: a new submission on a form or lead flow you're subscribed to. Click View subscriptions to view the forms you're set as a notifier.
- View: someone has viewed a document you sent.
Configure your notification preferences
- In your HubSpot account, click your account name in the top right corner, then click Profile & Preferences.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Notifications > HubSpot.
- In Global notifications, click to toggle a channel switch on/off to enable/disable all notifications for that channel.
- In General settings, customize the following:
- To play a sound when you receive a new message, select the Floating notification sound checkbox.
- To display a red dot on the HubSpot icon in your browser tab when you have new unread notifications in your notification center, select the New unread notifications icon in browser tab checkbox. The red dot will disappear once the notification center is opened.
Please note: the notifications icon will appear in the browser tabs of favicon-supported browsers.
You can also customize your preferences for specific notification types and notifications:
- Select/clear a notification type checkbox to turn on/off all notifications for that notification type for a channel.
- Click Advanced preferences to view and select/clear a notification checkbox to turn on/off that specific notification for a channel.