Go to the social media Publishing tool
From your HubSpot Dashboard, navigate to Social > Publishing.
This is the social media Publishing dashboard. This is where you will see all of your social media messages that your published through your HubSpot account.
Click on "Compose a message" to post or schedule a new message
To begin creating a new message, click on the Compose a message button.
Select the accounts that you want to publish a message to
Using the tabs on the top left of the screen, select the different accounts that you want to publish your new message to. You can publish messages to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Xing using the tool. If you haven't yet connected your accounts to HubSpot, click here for instructions.
Attach a blog post, landing page, or image to your message
After you've selected the accounts that you're going to publish a message to, choose the content that you're going to promote. You can use the Attach drop-down menu to quickly select a blog post, landing page, or image to attach to your message. The Attach menu will automatically search through all of the blog posts, landing pages, and images you have on the HubSpot COS.
Write your messages
- Consider your audience's interests - Write posts that resonate with the things your audience cares most about.
- Have a non-lead generation goal for every post - Don't write every message with your own desire to make a sale in mind. Aim for the relationship first.
- Consider including an image - The click-through rate (CTR) of posts containing photos is 128% higher than the CTR of posts containing videos or links. You might also be interested to know that photos on Facebook generate 53% more Likes than the average post. Consider posting an image with your message. Keep in mind that attaching an image to a Twitter post takes up approximately 11 of your characters. The various social media sites will automatically scale your image to meet their specifications, but it is best to choose a decently size image so that it does not distort if enlarged by the social media site.
- For more great stats, check out this guide in HubSpot's Marketing Resource Library.
- Note: You can also publish or schedule messages to multiple channels at once by following the instructions here.
Choose the times you are going to publish the message
The message composer will automatically select a publish date based on your social media publishing schedule, but you can change the date by clicking on the date field. You can choose to Post now to immediately publish your new message, or you can choose to schedule your message. Take a look at the animated image below to learn how to schedule your tweet.
Choose a campaign
After you've written your message, included a link to your content, and picked some times to post it, the last step is to choose a HubSpot campaign to associate the messages with. The Select Campaign button is located at the bottom left of the compose screen. You can choose an existing campaign or click New to create a new campaign for your message.
Schedule the message
Since your message is now ready to go, click the Schedule button to schedule it for publishing.
View scheduled messages
To view the messages that you have scheduled, click on Publishing from the left-hand side menu, then click into the Scheduled tab.
Now you can see all of your scheduled messages and when they are scheduled to be published. From here, you can delete messages, edit them, and filter by scheduling status, social media network, and campaign.