Go to the social media publishing tool
In your HubSpot Marketing account, navigate to Social > Publishing.
This is the social media publishing dashboard. This is where you will see all of your social media messages that your published through your HubSpot account.
Click on "Compose a message" to post or schedule a new message
To begin creating a new message, click on the Compose a message button.
Select a social account to begin
To begin, select the first social media network you want to publish to and this will take you into the composer window.
You can publish messages to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Xing using the tool. If you haven't yet connected your accounts to HubSpot, click here for instructions.
Write your messages
In the text area, begin writing your message to your followers. While you do so, consider the following:
- Consider your audience's interests - Write posts that resonate with the things your audience cares most about.
- Have a non-lead generation goal for every post - Don't write every message with your own desire to make a sale in mind. Aim for the relationship first.
- Consider including an image - The click-through rate (CTR) of posts containing photos is 128% higher than the CTR of posts containing videos or links. You might also be interested to know that photos on Facebook generate 53% more Likes than the average post. Consider posting an image with your message. Keep in mind that attaching an image to a Twitter post takes up approximately 11 of your characters. The various social media sites will automatically scale your image to meet their specifications, but it is best to choose a decently size image so that it does not distort if enlarged by the social media site.
- For more great stats, check out this guide in HubSpot's Marketing Resource Library.
- Note: You can also publish or schedule messages to multiple channels at once by following the instructions here.
Attach a blog post, landing page, or image to your message
After you've drafted up your message, choose the content that you're going to promote. You can use the attachment icon to quickly select a blog post or landing page to your message, then click OK when you've chosen your content.
This will insert a link and the title of your page directly into your social message for you.
Choose the times you are going to publish the message
The message composer will automatically select a publish date based on your social media publishing schedule, but you can change the date by clicking on When (date/time) section. You can choose a specific date and adjust the time here, or click Publish Now to publish the social message as soon as you're done composing. Click Save when you've decided when you'd like to publish your message.
Choose a campaign
After you've written your message, included a link to your content, and picked some times to post it, the last step is to choose a HubSpot campaign to associate the messages with. Click Campaign link located at the bottom right of the compose screen and choose a campaign name from the menu that appears.
Add another message
Once you've set up your message how you'd like it to look, you can choose another social platform/account from Add another to post your message to by clicking on the social icon in this section.
It's best to do this once you're done composing your original message because adding another social account to post to will duplicate your original message (which you can edit, if you'd like.)
Schedule or post your message
Since your message(s) is now ready to go, click the Schedule message(s) button to schedule it for publishing.
View scheduled messagesYou'll receive a confirmation that your messages have been scheduled but you can see or access these for editing by navigating back to Social > Publishing > Scheduled (from the left side menu.)
Now you can see all of your scheduled messages and when they are scheduled to be published. From here, you can delete messages, edit them, and filter by scheduling status, social media network, and campaign.