After you’ve connected your social accounts, you can view and analyze the performance of your social posts and determine how well your social media efforts are performing.
Filter your social reports
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Reports tab. Here, you'll see reports with a performance overview of all your connected social media accounts.
- In the top left, click the dropdown menu and select a network. The reporting data will include posts based on the post visibility settings of the accounts you connected for that network.
- If you connected multiple social accounts for a network, you can filter report data by each individual account.
- You can select All networks to view data for all of your connected social accounts.
- At the top, use the filters to filter your reports by:
- Date range: filter by this week, this month, the last 30 days, last month, this quarter, this year, or a custom time period.
Please note: report data is based on social post publish dates. For example, if the selected time period is Last 30 days, social posts published more than 30 days ago will not factor into the reports, even if the posts are still receiving clicks and interactions. The reports will display data for social posts published within the last 30 days, compared with the social posts published in the previous 30 day period.
- Campaign: filter by the campaign your social posts are associated with.
Social report data
- Social reports include data based on the post visibility settings of your connected social accounts. If you chose to only report on posts you create in HubSpot when you connected your Twitter account, or you connected a personal LinkedIn account, HubSpot will only report on posts you publish in HubSpot.
- When you connect a social media account to HubSpot, the last 60 days of social post data will be pulled in automatically.
- Social reports can only display data from the past year. Data older than one year may not display on your social reports.
- HubSpot collects post-specific data for the first 30 days after a post is published. Any data after that 30-day period will not display in HubSpot. This includes:
Social reports available for all networks
Below are the reports available in the social tool. Each report presents different engagement data, split out by network.
The Audience report shows your current number of followers, compared to the number you had in the previous time period, for each of your connected social accounts. The Facebook Page audience number shows your current number of page likes, not followers, because Facebook business page performance is typically measured by the number of page likes.
The Published Posts report shows the number of social posts that were published across your social accounts within the selected time period. This will also include posts that were published to your connected social accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings.
The Interactions report shows the number of likes, reactions (Facebook), and comments on your social posts published anywhere on your connected accounts. This will also include posts that were published to your connected social accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings. Twitter retweets are excluded in this report, but are included in the Shares report.
The Clicks report shows the number of clicks on social posts published through HubSpot. YouTube posts cannot be published through HubSpot, and Instagram does not support posting links, so clicks on such posts are not included.
Click counts in this report may vary from what you see in your social media account because many social networks count clicks on other elements (i.e. profile pictures, account name, etc.). HubSpot specifically counts clicks on the shortened URLs in posts. HubSpot's click count may also be higher than what you see in your social media account if the shortened URL is shared elsewhere outside of the post.
Please note: HubSpot can only track clicks for social posts published through HubSpot, as these posts use shortened link URLs to track clicks.
The Shares report shows the number of published social posts that were shared, including Twitter retweets. This will also include posts that were published to your connected accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings. LinkedIn personal profile shares, LinkedIn video shares, and Instagram shares won't be included, as these networks do not provide share data.
The Impressions report shows the number of views that social posts on your LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram company pages received. This will also include posts that were published to your connected accounts outside of HubSpot if this is selected in your social account settings.
Please note: this report does not include data from Twitter, personal LinkedIn accounts, or videos you've published on LinkedIn.
The Sessions report shows the number of web sessions on your site (HubSpot-hosted web pages, or web pages that have your HubSpot tracking code installed) that took place within the selected time period that were driven from social media. Social posts that drove these sessions could have been published at any time, and from any social source.
For example, if a third party publishes a Twitter post containing a link to your site, any clicks on that link will result in web sessions which will appear in the Sessions report.
The New Contacts report shows the number of new contacts created in HubSpot as a result of web sessions driven from social media within the selected time period.
The Top Posts report shows a list of your top ten performing posts. You can see an overview of each post's interactions, clicks, shares, and impressions. Click on a post to view more details in the right panel. Click the Filter by dropdown menu to filter the posts by most interactions, most impressions, most clicks, or most shares.
YouTube reports (Marketing Hub Enterprise only)
If you have a Marketing Hub Enterprise account and you've connected your YouTube account to HubSpot, you can analyze your YouTube performance data.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click the All accounts dropdown menu and select All YouTube accounts or a specific YouTube account if you have multiple connected accounts.
- Use the top filter to filter your reports by time period: this week, this month, the last 30 days, last month, the last 3 months, or a custom time period.
- The YouTube Overview report shows the total channel subscribers, total views, average view duration, total likes, total dislikes, total comments, and total shares for the time period selected. Each statistic shows the percentage change from the previous time period.
- The Watch time report shows the total watch time per day in minutes for the time period selected.
- The Views report shows the total views per day for the time period selected.
- The Interactions report shows the number of likes, dislikes, comments, and shares per day that occurred during the time period selected.
- The Subscribers report shows the number of subscribers gained and lost per day for the time period selected.
- The YouTube Post Engagement report lists all the videos posted during the time period selected, along with the publish date and time, views, average percentage viewed (an average of how much of the video each person watched), likes, dislikes, comments, and shares. Click a column header to sort the report by a specific metric.