With tickets, you can organize all of your customer inquiries in one place and track trends over time. You can create individual tickets from your dashboard, a contact record, or your conversations inbox. You can also automate the process using workflows and the support form.
After creating tickets, learn how you can organize, view, and report on your tickets.
Create a new ticket from the tickets dashboard
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Service > Tickets.
- In the upper right, click Create ticket.
- In the right panel, enter your ticket details. If you want to customize which properties appear here, click customize the properties at the bottom. The following fields are required by default:
- To associate a company or contacts with the ticket, click the Company and Contact dropdown menus, then search for the company or contacts.
- To add the associated company or contact activities to the ticket timeline, select the Add timeline activity from [company/contact] to this ticket checkbox. This will add the company and contact notes, emails, calls, tasks, and meetings to the ticket's timeline.
- By default, HubSpot will add activities from the past 30 days. To adjust the time range, click the Last 30 days dropdown menu, then select a time range.
Create a ticket from the contact record
You can associate an existing ticket with a specific contact, or create a new ticket directly from the contact record or the contacts dashboard.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts.
- Hover over a specific contact and click Preview to see more details in the right panel, or click Edit to open the full contact details. You can either associate an existing ticket or create a new ticket.
- To associate an existing ticket with this contact:
- To search for an existing support ticket to associate with this contact, click Add ticket.
- Use the search bar to look up the existing ticket name, then select the checkbox next to your search results to associate that ticket with this contact. If you cannot find the ticket you're looking for, you can click Create a ticket to create a new ticket.
- Click Done to save your changes.
- To create a new ticket:
- Click Create ticket.
- Enter the ticket details into the sidebar.
- Click Create.
Create tickets using a form in your conversations inbox
In the conversations inbox, you can also automatically create tickets from new incoming emails sent to your team email account.
If you're using a connected Facebook Messenger account, this can be achieved by creating a bot chatflow for the Facebook Messenger account and using the Submit ticket action.