Assets across HubSpot can be partitioned so that only the right teams and users can view and edit them. This can be helpful if you want to keep your assets separated by department or team, and helps your users stay focused and organized.
To view a video series on asset partitioning, check out HubSpot Academy's asset partitioning lesson.
The assets that you can partition depends on your HubSpot subscription:
|Marketing Hub||Sales Hub||Service Hub||CMS Hub|
|Professional and Enterprise|
|Email subscription preferences (BETA)||✓|
- In the dialog box, select the checkbox next to the team name or contact name. If you're using hierarchical teams and assign content to a child team, the parent team gains access automatically.
- To assign the content to additional users, click the Users tab. Users can only be selected if the content is assigned to at least one team.
- Click Save.
The asset will now only be visible to the selected users and
By default, users can view and edit all contacts, companies, deals, and tickets. You can adjust a user's permissions so that they can only view and edit records owned by them or their team.
To partition CRM records for your users:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Users & Teams.
- Click the name of the user you want to edit.
- To partition contacts and companies, in the Contacts tab, click the dropdown menus next to the View, Communicate, and Edit permissions. Then select Team only or Owned only.
- To partition deals, click the Sales tab, then click the dropdown menus next to the View and Edit permissions. Then select Team only or Owned only.
- To partition tickets, click the Service tab, then click the dropdown menus next to the View and Edit permissions. Then select Team only or Owned only.
- To save your changes, click Save.
The updated permissions will take effect after the users log out then log back in. Learn more about user permissions.
Standard views cannot be partitioned, but custom CRM views can be set to be visible only to you, visible to your team, or visible to everyone.
To partition a CRM view:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to your contact, company, deal, or ticket dashboard.
- In the left sidebar, click All saved filters.
- Hover over the filter name, then click Options. In the dropdown menu, select Manage sharing.
- In the dialog box, select whether you want the filter to be only visible to you, your team, or to everyone.
- Click Save.
Dashboard owners can set which teams have view and edit access to custom dashboards.
To assign access to dashboards:
By default, users with the Add and edit domains user permission can view and edit all domains, as well as publish content to all domains. To restrict which users can edit or publish content to particular domains, learn how to assign domain publishing permissions to teams.
You can customize the sidebars that appear on contact, company, deal, and ticket records so that different teams have different views. Learn how to personalize record sidebars for specific teams.
List partitioning (BETA)
When assigning access to a list, or enabling the default assignment setting, keep in mind the following:
- Partitioned lists can only be seen and selected by the list creator, the assigned teams, and any parent teams of the assigned teams. All other users will be unable to see or select the list. This applies to all tools, such as marketing email, workflows, and reports.
- Only the contacts that are owned by the list creator or the users on the assigned teams will appear in a partitioned list. If a contact meets the list criteria but is owned by a user who isn't on the assigned teams, they will not appear in the list. Unassigned contacts will not appear in any partitioned lists because they have no owner.
- If a user moves to a different team, they will no longer be able to access or view the lists they could previously unless their new team has access to the same lists.
Email subscriptions (BETA)
Workflows can be assigned to a specific team from the workflows dashboard using the general instructions above.
Workflows assigned to a team can only be viewed and edited by users on that team. Any workflow that isn't assigned will be accessible to all users and teams with the workflows user permission.