You can log a call, email, or meeting on any contact record in your HubSpot Sales or HubSpot Marketing account by locating a specific contact record and using the + Log Activity feature.
Follow the instructions below to use this feature:
- Navigate to your Contacts:
- In HubSpot Sales, you'll do this by navigating to Contacts from the top menu.
- In HubSpot Marketing, you'll do this by navigating to Contacts > All Contacts.
- Locate the contact record you want to log an activity for and click on the name of the contact.
- Once in the contact record, click the + Log activity tab located at the top.
- The box below will allow you to log the activity accordingly. You can choose to Log a call, Log an email, or Log a meeting.
- Click into the text box to describe your activity. When logging a call, you can use the Select an outcome dropdown to categorize the call. Click the Log activity button to save.
- Note that you can also change the date and time of the activity you are logging.
- Once saved, this logged activity will display on the contact record timeline.
- Any logged activities will also contribute toward the Productivity numbers in your Sales Dashboard.
- To edit or delete a previously logged activity, find and click on the activity on the contact's timeline. Click Actions and then Edit to make changes or Delete to remove the activity from the timeline.