To log a call, email, or meeting on a contact, company, or deal record:
- Navigate to your contacts, companies, or deals:
- In your HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise account, navigate to Contacts > Contacts or Companies.
- In your HubSpot CRM Free, Sales Starter, or Sales Professional account, click Contacts, Companies or Deals in the main navigation menu.
- Click the name of the contact/company/deal.
- Click the Log activity tab at the top of the timeline.
- Choose to Log a call, Log an email, or Log a meeting.
- Click into the text box to describe your activity. When logging a call, you can use the Select an outcome dropdown menu to categorize the call.
- When logging a call or meeting, you can also Select call type or Select meeting type if you have enabled customized call and meeting types.
- Click the date and time at the upper-right to change the date and time of the activity.
- The activity will appear on the timeline of the records shown in the Associated with section. Use the Add a contact/company/deal dropdown menus to add an associated contact/company/deal, or click the X to remove an associated contact/company/deal. Learn more about this feature here.
- When you're done, click Log activity.
- Your logged activity will display on the contact/company/deal record timeline. To edit or delete a previously logged activity, locate the activity in the timeline and click Edit to make changes, or click Actions > Delete to remove the activity from the timeline.
- Logged activities will also contribute toward the Productivity numbers in your sales dashboard.
In the iOS and Android mobile app
- In your iOS or Android mobile app, navigate to Contacts or Companies.
- Tap the name of the contact or company.
- Within the Timeline tab, tap Add note, activity, or task.
- Fill out the information for your specific note, activity, or task, and then click Save.