With the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app, real-time notifications are triggered when a lead revisits your site, a tracked email is opened, a shared document is viewed, and more. These notifications will appear in real-time, and can be reviewed and managed from your activity feed in HubSpot.
Please note: free users only receive 200 notifications per month. If this monthly limit is reached, you will still be able to send tracked emails and receive instant notifications, but you will not be able to view your activity feed until your notification count has been reset. Your notification count will reset on the first calendar day of each month.
If you go over the 200 notification limit, you can upgrade to receive unlimited notifications along with the other features of HubSpot Sales Hub Starter, Professional, or Enterprise.
You must have Google Chrome running on your computer with the HubSpot Sales extension enabled or the HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app in order to receive real-time notifications. Depending on which version of the extension you are using, these notifications will appear in one of two locations on your device.
- HubSpot Sales Chrome extension: real-time notifications will appear in the upper right of your Chrome browser.
- HubSpot Sales for Windows tray app: real-time notifications will appear in the bottom right of your PC in the tray app.
Use your activity feed
You can view your recent activity all in one place in your activity feed. Filter your feed to locate a specific engagement, or follow up with a contact directly from a notification.
Please note: the email tracking activity included in your activity feed is specific to emails you have sent. No one else can view this information, even account administrators.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Contacts > Activity Feed.
- Use the search bar to search for a specific activity.
- Use the tabs to filter your feed by specific engagement types:
- All activities: view all recent engagements.
- Highlights (Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise only): view recent engagements by your most active leads.
- Email activity: view all recent email opens or clicks. If an open location is identified, the notification in your feed will indicate where the recipient was located when the email was opened. Learn more about why you may also see multiple opens for the same email.
- Lead activity: view your new lead assignments, documents viewed, website visits, and meetings booked. You can drill down into a specific lead activity by clicking the More dropdown menu.
- To follow up with a contact over the phone call or in an email, or to create a follow-up task, hover over the activity and select an action.
- If you want to create a note, log an activity, schedule a meeting, or mute the notification, click the More dropdown menu.
- To delete a notification, click the X icon in the top-right corner of the notification.
Please note: at this time, it is not possible to restore deleted notifications in your activity feed. Learn more about deleting notifications or disabling notifications in your activity feed.