You can send tracked emails with HubSpot Sales from the CRM, Outlook on desktop, Gmail on desktop, or the HubSpot mobile app. This allows you to see when contacts open or click (Sales Professional only) your emails. Your contacts' engagements with your tracked sales emails will appear in your activity stream and on contact records in the CRM. You can also enable real-time notifications to be alerted as soon as your contacts open your emails.
Below, you'll find instructions for sending tracked emails from Outlook on desktop, Gmail on desktop, and from within HubSpot's mobile app. For instructions on sending emails to contacts from the contact record or associated company record in the CRM, check out this article. You can learn more about how HubSpot Sales tracks email opens here.
Outlook on desktop
- Navigate to your Outlook inbox.
- Select New Email to create a new message.
- Add a recipient, subject, and main email body.
- Select the Track Email checkbox to enable tracking.
- Hit Send and your email will be tracked!
Gmail on desktop
- Navigate to your Gmail inbox. Please note that you can only send tracked emails with Gmail on your desktop using Chrome. This is not supported for the Gmail mobile app.
- Select Compose to create a new email.
- Add a recipient, subject and main email body.
- Select the checkbox next to Track in the Sales toolbar.
- Hit Send and your email will be tracked.
Once you have installed the HubSpot mobile app on your iPhone, you can send tracked HubSpot Sales emails to your contacts while on the go.
Please note: if you'd like to send HubSpot Sales tracked emails from your phone they must be sent from within the HubSpot Sales app.
- Navigate to the HubSpot app on your iPhone.
- Click Contacts in the navigation menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Browse to find the contact you'd like to email or click the magnifying glass icon to search.
- Click on the contact to go to the contact record.
- Click the envelope icon below the contact's name to send a tracked Sales email.
- Add a subject and body to your email, then press Send.
If you've turned on Sales Activity notifications for the mobile app, you will receive a notification when the contact opens your email.
You can also check to see if your contact is opened the email by pressing Digest in the main navigation menu and scrolling to the Activity Stream section.
If your emails are not being tracked, check out this article for troubleshooting steps.